Just got 4 cornies and a reglator....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffro

Reaction score
FOR FREE!!!

My buddy had, like 20 of them laying around and really only uses 7-8. 2 of them still had syrup in them! I field dressed one of them and gave it a good cleaning. Right now it's soaking full of Oxy clean and tomorrow after I get my CO2 tank and lines I'll rinse it out really good, then fill it with water and pressure test it.

I'm also going to get a couple of gasket kits just in case. Also I know the regulator needs a new O ring where it hooks to the tank.

If all goes well I'll keg my first batch on Wed!

FOR FREE!!!

My buddy had, like 20 of them laying around and really only uses 7-8. 2 of them still had syrup in them! I field dressed one of them and gave it a good cleaning. Right now it's soaking full of Oxy clean and tomorrow after I get my CO2 tank and lines I'll rinse it out really good, then fill it with water and pressure test it.

I'm also going to get a couple of gasket kits just in case. Also I know the regulator needs a new O ring where it hooks to the tank.

If all goes well I'll keg my first batch on Wed!

Can't complain about that! It seems to be a fairly common problem to have a regulator to tank leak. We had one at our shop when I changed the tank. Theres a little insert that screws into the connection on the regulator allowing the entire setup to use an O ring. These are awesome if you can find one. You can also use a special nylon washer they make.

Corny wise I just went to a local chinese restraunt and gave them $40 for 2 empty cornys. O rings in both were in amazing shape. Quick rinse and they were nice and clean. I'll sanitize them before using of course.

Back