Just built my first Keezer! Woohoo! I have a few questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slufa111

Reaction score
Not sure why I haven't posted here before but I'm glad to be here!

My setup:
7.0Cubic Deep Freezer
2 Taps
2x4 wooden collar
dual air distributor
5lb Co2 tank
1 5 gallon corny keg

So, I have a select few beers that I actually want a 5 gallon batch of. I was rebuilding my kegs this afternoon and found out that my second 5 gallon keg does NOT hold a seal even with replacing all the seals. The cap of the keg is warped from my recent PCS and the movers throwing my stuff around. I was kind of bummed.

Then I was thinking, if I'm not drinking the same beers ALL the time...would I be able to hook up one 5 gallon keg then have 2-3 1 gallon kegs on rotation with two taps? That way I can have a good selection of beers for myself and my buddies to try. Especially because, if I don't like the taste, I only have to stomach 10 beers rather than 50 lol.

Has anyone done this before? Is there any risk in have 1gallon kegs mixed with 5gallon kegs?

Thanks!

My setup:
7.0Cubic Deep Freezer
2 Taps
2x4 wooden collar
dual air distributor
5lb Co2 tank
1 5 gallon corny keg

So, I have a select few beers that I actually want a 5 gallon batch of. I was rebuilding my kegs this afternoon and found out that my second 5 gallon keg does NOT hold a seal even with replacing all the seals. The cap of the keg is warped from my recent PCS and the movers throwing my stuff around. I was kind of bummed.

Then I was thinking, if I'm not drinking the same beers ALL the time...would I be able to hook up one 5 gallon keg then have 2-3 1 gallon kegs on rotation with two taps? That way I can have a good selection of beers for myself and my buddies to try. Especially because, if I don't like the taste, I only have to stomach 10 beers rather than 50 lol.

Has anyone done this before? Is there any risk in have 1gallon kegs mixed with 5gallon kegs?

Thanks!

Welcome @Sluffa111

I don’t see any problem with using different size kegs.
I use 5 gallon and sometimes 2.5 gallon kegs.
If mine are not on tap but in my fridge I will still keep them attached to an extra co2 line.

I would suggest cleaning and sanitizing the line before switching over to a different type of beer I.e stout to blonde ale, etc.

Let’s see some pics of your build?

Adventures In Homebrewing often has great deals on kegs.

Cheers [emoji482]

One of the problems I have is shipping to Hawaii :( Shipping is sometimes almost as expensive as the product itself.

Its nothing fancy but I still have a few things I need to button up (stain) but overall, much needed upgrade from the picnic taps lol

Attachments

• 81439131_10157348591474702_4046118359748575232_o.jpg
    81439131_10157348591474702_4046118359748575232_o.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 89

My setup:
7.0Cubic Deep Freezer
2 Taps
2x4 wooden collar
dual air distributor
5lb Co2 tank
1 5 gallon corny keg

Thanks!
Looks good. You can definitely have different sized kegs as you described. Have you tried putting 20+ psi on the leaky keg then unlatched the lid and twisting. It's possible doing that with keg lube will find a spot to allow it to seal. Cheers

Back