Johnson Controls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerGuy1000

Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my johnson controls a419. The problem is that when I plug it in it flashes Asd and the prob temp, everything seems to be working fine I can change the settings and pretty much do everything but it just wont turn the frezzer on it just flashes Asd anyone know how to fix this?

Asd = anti short cycle delay. Maybe it wants you to set the delay before it considers your setup "complete". In other words, try setting it and see if it starts working.

Yeah it is a delay so the compressor does not short cycle. Here is your fix.
#1 press menu
#2 scroll down until you see asd then press menu again.
#3 set it to like 3

What this will do is upon start up or after the unit shut off on temp it needs to wait at least 3 minute before it kicks on again.

Also maybe before doing this just press menu like 4 times to cycle the options that maybe all you need. Good luck.

According to the Johnson manual: "If the temperature reaches the cut-in value during the delay period, the display flashes between the sensed temperature and ASd, indicating that the next On-cycle is being delayed. After the set delay time has elapsed, the A419 control returns to normal operation, restarts the equipment (if cut-in has been reached), ASd stops flashing, and the LCD reverts to the normal operating display."

So it seems likely the ASD is already set to some non-zero value, and the ASD flashing during initial power-up of the Johnson would be totally normal...

Cheers!

Success it works, I just plugged it in let it set turned the Asd down to 1 and waited few min went by and boom kicked on works like a champ now thanks guys I thought I was going to have to buy another controller

I know this has been touched upon quite a bit, but just wanted to be sure. I have a refrigerator/freezer combo in the garage. It is summer time and I am trying to determine if its better to have it set to Cooling Cut In or Cooling Cut Out. I will be using it to control a consistent fermenting temperature. Right now I have the SP at 69 with a differential of 1. It is also set to Cut Out. Is this the best approach or should I set to Cut in? Thanks!

I have mine set to cut out for cooling. it probably doesn't matter as long as you have your dif set where you want it, and you aren't experiencing huge temp swings or overshoots.

Back