Job interview tommorow...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSunshine

Reaction score
So right now I have a full time job where the pay is decent and the job itself is easy as hell. However, the benefits really blow. I was doing some casual job searching and I got a phone interview with this small company. They liked my phone interview and want to bring me for an interview in person for a software quality assurance position.

However, the interview requires me to take a 2 hour test on SQL which I kinda suck at (I'm not a DBA). The job pays the same, but has better benefits. I'm been throwing around the idea of not going since I'll probably fail the test and I'll put my current job in jeopardy if they find out I'm taking the day off to look for work elsewhere. But at the same time there is a chance I could have better benefits. What would you guys do?

Take the test and 2nd interview. it never hurts.
and if you think about it. better benefits equal better pay.

Take the test and 2nd interview. it never hurts.
and if you think about it. better benefits equal better pay.

Agreed and even if you don't know SQL, you can still learn. If you prove yourself to be worth their time and effort, they'll take you on.

Back