Jig I made

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GillandCo

Reaction score
I know there alot of threads/post on this. just thought i'd shed light on how i did it...

IMG_1268.jpg

I used 2 pieces of scrap wood nailed together in the shape of an L...
3 U-Bolts (2" pipe) I had laying in the shed that wrap perfectly around the wood and grinder...
The U bolts cam in a pack with 2 nuts and a plate to mount through the U!

I used the top of a Dip tube form a keg and sawed the tabs off them...then slipped the bar between the space and tightened it down!

it was nice because everything could be adjusted and i only hammered 2 nails in...I ended removing the wooden spacer you see in the picture because i had to drop the grinder down...It still worked perfect

IMG_1266.jpg

In the pictures the "shinny" keg was by hand...and the other 2 with help from the JIG...

Ill will never saw another keg without this...I used a diamond blade to cut the tops off my first two...I don't know what i was thinking...Arthritis, and over a half hour just going at it!

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

Leave comments...

Leave comments...

Longest toes I ever seen! All kidding aside, kegs look great, hope ya had shoes on running that grinder.:mug:

Maybe next time hook the far end of the jig to your dog and dangle a treat out in front. Nah maybe not the cord would get tangled after a few laps around...maybe w/ a battery powered grinder and the dog looping the keg. Ok I'm done now...NICE WORK!

haha i knew someone would comment about my toes...They keep me balanced when im Drunk!

haha what...no im just always looking for easy ways to do things! I was over sitting there trying to cut a perfect cirlce while hurting my hand! It was super easy...Based off Bobby M's Idea!

I only did 2 kegs with this...on the first, the grinder wasn't set properly so it over lapped a bit so adjusted it and made my diameter a bit bigger that was the keg to the left...The center keg turned out perfect...the one on the right is my bk since it had that all hand special...

Ya, that jig looks extremely sturdy, but there's no way to adjust the diameter. Great idea to use the top of the spear though, haven't seen that yet.

Ok I lied...by adjustable I meant roughly 11 1/2 inches and up! with the wooden spacer removed it drops the grinder back a half inch or so and if you take the keg dip tube piece and snug up against the L you will be at exactly 12" im not sure how it worked out...that's what i was going for but my first attempt didn't work out so well. I ended up taking it out a little to hide my mistakes and wound up with a 12 1/2 inch diameter...I didn't want to have 3 different sized keg wholes so i just made the others match! I will be going to Ikea to purchase lids tomorrow 13" at 7 bucks a piece...can't beat that!

Back