Jester King Funk n' Sour Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Realistically, how long do yall think the "Bottle Included" Tickets will last?

I think it will be at least a week or two...

"Don't hold me to any of this because I'm just speaking off the cuff, but my reaction is that a cellar membership or whatever you want to call it might be a good idea perhaps sooner rather than later. I want an avenue for those who regularly support us to have access to our new and limited beers. I don't like the idea of it coming down to a 60 second internet free for all."
jesterkingbeer, 1 minute ago

I had to buy a regular ticket for Rainer dude. He went to lunch and his phone wouldn't show the tickets for sale yet. Glitchyyy.

This happened to me. I forwarded the link from my phone to my work (can't access JK site). I kept refreshing and it still said not on sale yet. I called my wife to check from the home computer directly linking from the JK site. There were 22 bottle tickets left when she bought ours. I'm luckey, I just had a feeling that something on the mobile site was messed up.

Damn, that went fast. Thankfully, I set an Outlook calendar reminder for myself at work and was on the page right when tickets went on sale. :D

Desk jobs: facilitating beer purchasing since '013.

Got my two tickets. I can believe the went this fast. Every beer JK makes now is hyped like crazy in the SW forum. Get ready boys and girls this is how it will be from now on in TX. I'm still voting for silent releases. It will at least calm the hype down a little I hope.

Sorry, gonna ***** for a minute here....

I got a text from my buddy Jamescain today asking me if I got tickets to the fest. My reply to him was that the hysteria of the SW forum on BA has turned beer from being an awesome fun thing to a part time job and I didn't even bother to try.
Make time to buy tickets, show up at 5AM for a release, chase the limited releases around town to get a few. It's just crazy now. The SW forum has turned from a really fun place to hang out to a "how do I get more than my fair share" forum.
I'm glad to find this site and can only hope that it can stay a community of sharing and giving, never turning into the hoarder's paradise the the BA SW forum has become.

End rant.

Sorry, gonna ***** for a minute here....

I got a text from my buddy Jamescain today asking me if I got tickets to the fest. My reply to him was that the hysteria of the SW forum on BA has turned beer from being an awesome fun thing to a part time job and I didn't even bother to try.
Make time to buy tickets, show up at 5AM for a release, chase the limited releases around town to get a few. It's just crazy now. The SW forum has turned from a really fun place to hang out to a "how do I get more than my fair share" forum.
I'm glad to find this site and can only hope that it can stay a community of sharing and giving, never turning into the hoarder's paradise the the BA SW forum has become.

End rant.
I hope you got regular tickets and will still enjoy the awesome bottle share and getting to sample the beers the event is stil going to be a blast

I hope you got regular tickets and will still enjoy the awesome bottle share and getting to sample the beers the event is stil going to be a blast
Thanks for the nice response but I will be sitting this one out.
Cheers

I'd rather just go to Jester King on a non-Fest day now that it's an option. I like their beer, but I know they'll be bottling these all again with less hype attached.

And I concur that some people on BA (SW) are making waaaay too big of a deal over this. When people start drafting their own Reserve Society plans, it's starting to get a little ridiculous, lol.

It has just gone to a maddening level. Even Jeff admitted that the release of bottle tickets was an "Internet free for all"

Last edited:
I'd rather just go to Jester King on a non-Fest day now that it's an option. I like their beer, but I know they'll be bottling these all again with less hype attached.

And I concur that some people on BA (SW) are making waaaay too big of a deal over this. When people start drafting their own Reserve Society plans, it's starting to get a little ridiculous, lol.

It has just gone to a maddening level. Even Jeff admitted that the release of bottle tickets was an "Internet free for all"

I think I'm ready to go into BA SW hibernation for a while

Tbh I may have to check it out this thread leads me to think it might be a hilarious read. Thinking of it as little kids fighting over say whatever the latest stupid trading card game is.

All it took was Jeff saying "Don't hold me to this, but I think a Reserve Society might be needed...." and suddenly people are drafting page long proposals with exact bottles to be included, etc. I'm happy to give him a general opinion on how other reserve societies work, but there's no need for an entire thread devoted to hypothetical reserve societies based on his 1 comment.

I'm starting to like beer less and less. If FBS turns into a cluster-**** this week, that might be the end for me.

I missed out on tickets due to the mobile glitch. I opted not to buy the regular tickets. I wasn't planning on drinking much at the event since my gf hates driving and I have to be at work really early Monday. Oh well now I will just spend my weekend drinking in my hotel and going to haunted houses.

Back