Jester King Funk n' Sour Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather just go to Jester King on a non-Fest day now that it's an option. I like their beer, but I know they'll be bottling these all again with less hype attached.

And I concur that some people on BA (SW) are making waaaay too big of a deal over this. When people start drafting their own Reserve Society plans, it's starting to get a little ridiculous, lol.

It has just gone to a maddening level. Even Jeff admitted that the release of bottle tickets was an "Internet free for all"
This isn't directed at Lutter in particular.
Don't jump on me, but that thread started out (and was separate due to relevancy) as mostly people just saying what other reserve societies seem good, and maybe how to alter them a little. Then it went down hill with the local/non-local thing, it hit rock bottom, and then someone suggested bottle counts (which rustles your jimmies why?). I think people just got caught up in the excitement of something like that happening.
u-mad-bro.jpg

Someone in this thread was actually the first one to respond to JesterK's post in FnSF. If you think that thread went downhill, don't read it. And I really hope other people having a beer discussion you don't agree with or flocking to 'hyped' beer releases doesn't make you like beer any less kmello69. There is always good beer on the shelf around the ATX area, and great TX beer persons to share it with :)
Now let me get my umbrella.

And I really hope other people...flocking to 'hyped' beer releases doesn't make you like beer any less kmello69.

It doesnt make me like beer any less, but it makes me like "the game" that beer has become a lot less. Look at yesterdays Pumpkinator release in Houston as a prime example. As I tire of the game, I stop chasing "rarez" and just focus on drinking great local stuff instead.

It doesnt make me like beer any less, but it makes me like "the game" that beer has become a lot less. Look at yesterdays Pumpkinator release in Houston as a prime example. As I tire of the game, I stop chasing "rarez" and just focus on drinking great local stuff instead.
I hear that. I wouldn't say I've been active long enough to see it first hand, but hearing about first hand stuff over the last decade, huge changes. I hear about some of it from my older bro and old man. It sucks it has become a game, when it used to be more of a shared hobby. At least there are those of us that put community over ******** :)

As a side note, if anyone wants to get in on an Etre Gourmet order with me, hit me up. I have 2 bottles that have been reserved for a while now. I just want to get these two bottles as I can't really afford to buy any more stuff. I'd hate to pay 40 euros for 2 bottles....

Anyways,
get at the Sloth.

PS: The armand 4 seasons are back. with and without the box. I swear to god those have to be like the last sets left in the world. http://www.bieresgourmet.be/catalog...s_id=3&zenid=8584ab0417b465e3ad4084e76db8e74e

As a side note, if anyone wants to get in on an Etre Gourmet order with me, hit me up. I have 2 bottles that have been reserved for a while now. I just want to get these two bottles as I can't really afford to buy any more stuff. I'd hate to pay 40 euros for 2 bottles....

Anyways,
get at the Sloth.

PS: The armand 4 seasons are back. with and without the box. I swear to god those have to be like the last sets left in the world. http://www.bieresgourmet.be/catalog...s_id=3&zenid=8584ab0417b465e3ad4084e76db8e74e

Tempting... Wish you would have posted this before I bought my full allocation of BT :(

Anyways,
get at the Sloth.

Sets? No. Boxes? Possibly

There are a literal asston of armand'4 sets.

Sets? No. Boxes? Possibly

There are a literal asston of armand'4 sets.
I would like to know the location of these asstons. Rough interweb figures put each Armand 4 bottle at around 4000 bottles of each vintage. I suggest going out like a bauce.

Last edited:

Anyways,
get at the Sloth.

Gentle-slothly offer.
Maybe, depends how much I spend on beer in CA this weekend. On pace for way too much.

I would like to know the location of these asstons. Rough interweb figures put each Armand 4 bottle at around 4000 bottles of each vintage. I suggest going out like a bauce.

Armand is a notorious hoarder, as I've heard he still has pallets of 50th anni, ogv 02, and the like. I would be surprised if he doesn't still have 20% of those signed & numbered boxes.

Armand is a notorious hoarder, as I've heard he still has pallets of 50th anni, ogv 02, and the like. I would be surprised if he doesn't still have 20% of those signed & numbered boxes.
damn. Guess I know where to raid in Belgium then.

Anyone know if Aurelian Lure and Nocturn will be on draft? God I hope so.

Went to BA this morning and found out that my account is "under investigation". Wtf, why now? I've barely posted there in the past week.
Because you were involved in the picking up of ISO: JK Zwanze Glassware.

Even though it was a selfless act, you went against BA rules so you must be evil and dealt with.

I think that's how it goes... :rolleyes:

Went to BA this morning and found out that my account is "under investigation". Wtf, why now? I've barely posted there in the past week.

Or they could have noticed you posting over here under the same name. Others have been banned for the same thing.

Anyways,
get at the Sloth.

In brief what's the extra shipping costs come to on top of bottle price? I assume they package in 6 and 12 shippers. Hadn't gone through that site yet.

In brief what's the extra shipping costs come to on top of bottle price? I assume they package in 6 and 12 shippers. Hadn't gone through that site yet.
My last order of 11 bottles (750mls) shipping cost was 78 euros.. so around $100. When I went to order 12 it bumped the rate way up.

What is your desired time frame for ordering? I wont have an answer this weekend.
Let us know what your time frame looks like BusinessSloth. I have always wanted to order something from Etre, I just can't bring myself to pay the shipping charges on my own.
No time frame gentleman. I think I technically need to have them shipped by December end of quarter. We can do a 3 way if you're interested (Giggity)

No time frame gentleman. I think I technically need to have them shipped by December end of quarter. We can do a 3 way if you're interested (Giggity)
Yes, I highly interested. Not sure how this works though. Do I send you my order and then you calculate shipping and send me back what I owe you? I guess this is all going depend on how many bottle shelf_turd_ferguson wants also. I know you said you only want two so that leaves 9-10 for he and I do divide I take it?

If you aren't doing this until December, I'd be down to join in. Definitely would get a Westy 12, as well as some loons.

Back