Its infected right??????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't taste or smell foul...but im not sure of the taste since ive never drank beer from a rm temp bucket no carbed lol

I just thought there should not be anything floating on top

If it doesn't taste or smell bad, proceed to bottle/keg the deliciousness. Those could very well be yeast rafts. Perfectly normal.

if it had an infection it would smell or taste horrible right?

I believe it would most likely taste sour. Having never had an infected beer I couldn't tell you for certain.

I think it would help to know what type of beer and did you dry hop?

Taste it. It won't kill you.

it was the boundry waters wheat extract kit with Safale US-05 (11.5 grams) yeast

yall recommend force carbing a 20 or 30 psi, and should I do it in fridge or room temp? as always thanks in advance

yall made my night, I was bummed at first when I looked at it lmao.........Im pumped!

Yeah, I figured yeast rafts since I use us-05 almost exclusively and I see that a decent chunk of the time.

It's yeasty wheaty blobs. Had the EXACT same looking stuff on top of my Hefe that I bottled just recently. It's fine. Relax, have a homebrew.

Back