It's Here! and it brought more questions!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oahu

Reaction score
My kit is here! I was so excited I took a picture.
Box_on_door.jpg

EDIT: New Question: Is there any normal place (Walmart, etc...) where I can get strainer bags? I only got one measly one with the kit and I don't want to toss my hops straight into the wort.
Thanks so much!

My Wyeast Smack Pack was largely inflated when I got it, it took some doing to find the pack, and after two good smacks i think it's inflated even more.

Where do I put this bad boy?
I plan on brewing tomorrow evening. Do I have to move up my schedule?
Should I be concerned that the pack was partially inflated? Is this normal? The pack looks like this:
Chubby_Pack.jpg

Update: It is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more inflated now. Any chance it'll rupture?

no chances to that - i've never had one rupture and i use the overnight method

as a side note - i think only a homebrewer would understand taking a picture of the delivery box :D

for a grain bag, goto k-mart, go to the home section, goto the laudry area with marth stewart stuff. they have what is called a wash bag or something of that sort. It is a bag u would put like shoes in to wash in the laundry or clothes. It is nylon with a zipper. Works awsome for the grains. It is what I use. Costs about 6$ and will hold 2lbs of grain with no problem!

Back