Its happenening again - I can smell my beer looking at me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
I know that I have posted this before when my beer(s) were in the primary, and damn it if Revvy didnt accuse me of being a beer pedo. (Drinking only half of a case of green beer is BORDERLINE at best)

At any rate, now that my primaries are EMPTY and the beers are in the bottle conditioning in the garage, they CONTINUE to taunt me and tempt me to drink them prematurely. (Saturday is supposed to be the '3 week' milestone for the EBA) I was in the garage the other day to look at them and satisfy my irrational fear of bottle bombs. Well, when I get in the general vicinity of the boxes of bottled brew - I CAN SMELL THEM!! THEY ARE TAUNTING ME!! THEY ARE BEGGING ME TO DRINK THEM!!!

I initially thought that I may have had a BB because I thought there was no way that I should be smelling beer amongst all of the grease and VW parts amongst my garagew but damn it if they arent taunting me! I guess I could very well attribute this to my 'Phantom Smell' phenomena that I am afflicted with but I think it is my beers reaching from the other side of the bottlecap trying to communicate with me.

I certainly hope that these 'Phantom Smells' are merely a part of my 'Gifted Illness' and not a sign that these guys are
A. Infected and getting ready to blow
B. Overprimed and getting ready to blow
C. Taunting the **** out of me because they KNOW they are green and premature but tempting me to drink them nonetheless.

Sad thing is I am stone cold sober when I experience this...
-Me

Dear Beer Gods,

If you would like me to drink these beers in your honor, give me no sign.

You will be done.
-Bottleopener

I already have 2 AHS mini mashes on the way, and I just pulled a cooler out of the attic last night to convert to a mash tun.
Its scary to see where this hobby is leading me...
BUT I LOVE IT!
-Me

Here's what I do when I have a gap in my pipeline and I really know that the beer will be better in 3 or more weeks...

beer_inset.jpg

I go to the store and do a combination research and homebrew bottle trip.

Retail beer therapy helps quiet the voices.....

:D

Back