It's BREW DAY!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgortel

Reaction score
I love brew day......so easy to get out of bed in the morning with anticipation of brewing.

Brewing a Sweet Stout today in the garage......gonna be cold.....38F for a high I am sure there are others to the north brewing in even colder temps!

Got my TV and DVD player in the garage loaded up with Lord of the Rings.....my typical brew day entertainment is to watch the entire Trilogy.

Who else is brewing today and whatcha' brewing?

not brewing today, but putting some final touches on a Dubbel/Saison recipe & an ABW recipe. gotta keg tomorrow & hopefully brewing next weekend.

North of you here in upstate New York , and it's cold here too! I'm brewing a session pale ale. It's pretty windy here, so ill have to watch the burner closely. No movies, just tunes. I think today might be a little Flogging Molly or Poques. I agree, that anticipation, and the mental checklists that you prepare before brewing is a lot of fun. Good luck and stay warm.

Brewed mine yesterday, 10 gallons of a robust porter and 5 of a dark Belgian strong, similar to those found in 'Brewing Classic Styles' as I wanted to use up ingredients on hand. Today has the makings of
a sit back and wait for the bubbles to form in the airlocks kinda day.

Brewing 30 gallons today. 15 gallons of Pale Ale with Belma hops and 15 gallons of Stout. Was gonna brew last week, but it's been crazy around here lately.

All done. SG came In a bit low, should've boiled down a bit. Oh we'll, a good tasting beer nonetheless and a great time. Defiantly snow was falling throughout the day! Cheers all!

Great brew day here too. Hit my temps perfectly.....was actually a little high on my OG ...but just by 0.002....just be a little more potent than planned :ban:

Was a good day my beer brewing friends!

Man, wish your outdoor temps were here. Would make chilling wort and fermenting cool much easier. I do like your choice of entertainment, and my nerd wife would most certainly agree. Cheers to brew day!

Back