Brew day today... dub batch.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevelynzx

Reaction score
Brew day today. Double batch on the Anvil Foundry 10.5g. Frickin love that system by the way.

First up was an English Mild recipe from Brew Guru/ AHA. At 3.5% it’ll be an easy drinker. Hit all my numbers perfect and the wort tasted freakin amazing. Brown malt, pale chocolate. YES!

Second batch was a hefeweizen using MoreBeer’s simple recipe. However, gravity was off by 14 points. LOL. i can only imagine that was because i milled the entire grain bill (60% wheat, 40% pils) with a single run at a barley gap. lesson learned. Coming in at a 2.5% target. session hefe.
:ban::ban:

forgot to mention - anybody have a good solution for crushing >5lb of wheat without having to adjust your super-annoying-to-adjust monster MM3?

crud. also forgot to mention- second brew day using Brewfather. couple more tweaks in my equip profile but it’s a great piece of software!

/blog

Latest posts

Back