ITs BEER! HOORAY BEER!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grrtt78

Reaction score
i just tried my first beer after three weeks in bottles. i accidentally made red stripe. i just threw together a recipe for brown ale and even tho it is an ale it is very similar to red stripe. i love the taste and i am very happy with it and i am hooked on this hobby forever!

Congrats. There is nothing more satisfying than having a good batch of beer. My first real attempt was so-so, and my second was a disaster. You got lucky the first time up.

My first was contaminated, my second so-so, third was good and I think my 4th will be my first truly good beer!

Congrats on you initial success.

well technically this was my second beer. my first spilled all over my damn floor after four days in the primary. i almost killed my brother who was holding it. its a very very simple recipe. 8lbs amber malt extract 1.25 ounces fuggles for 60 min and .5 ounces fuggles at 30 mins and irish moss at 10. thats it. it makes a malty convincing red stripe

I've brewed three times and all three times were winners. I have finally got my system down and it's making the process much smoother and less wasteful. I am dreading my first bad batch but hopefully I can avoid it as long as possible:D

Dan

grrtt78 said:
well technically this was my second beer. my first spilled all over my damn floor after four days in the primary. i almost killed my brother who was holding it. its a very very simple recipe. 8lbs amber malt extract 1.25 ounces fuggles for 60 min and .5 ounces fuggles at 30 mins and irish moss at 10. thats it. it makes a malty convincing red stripe

Doesn't red stripe contain formaldahyde?

Dan

"ITs BEER! HOORAY BEER! "
I'll never get tired of seeing that subject line, or ones like it.

Congratz!! My first one has turned out ok too, just a little too bitter but I think my taste buds are adjusting and hardning up to the bitterness, second beer should be ready for new years eve!!!(already had a taste of that and its lush Im gonna do the whole keg in a one'er! :mug: :tank:

Latest posts

Back