Quantcast

ITs BEER! HOORAY BEER!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

grrtt78

Reaction score
i just tried my first beer after three weeks in bottles. i accidentally made red stripe. i just threw together a recipe for brown ale and even tho it is an ale it is very similar to red stripe. i love the taste and i am very happy with it and i am hooked on this hobby forever!

McKBrew

Reaction score
Congrats. There is nothing more satisfying than having a good batch of beer. My first real attempt was so-so, and my second was a disaster. You got lucky the first time up.

max-the-knife

Reaction score
My first was contaminated, my second so-so, third was good and I think my 4th will be my first truly good beer!

Congrats on you initial success.

OP
G

grrtt78

Reaction score
well technically this was my second beer. my first spilled all over my damn floor after four days in the primary. i almost killed my brother who was holding it. its a very very simple recipe. 8lbs amber malt extract 1.25 ounces fuggles for 60 min and .5 ounces fuggles at 30 mins and irish moss at 10. thats it. it makes a malty convincing red stripe

Willsellout

Reaction score
I've brewed three times and all three times were winners. I have finally got my system down and it's making the process much smoother and less wasteful. I am dreading my first bad batch but hopefully I can avoid it as long as possible:D

Dan

Willsellout

Reaction score
grrtt78 said:
well technically this was my second beer. my first spilled all over my damn floor after four days in the primary. i almost killed my brother who was holding it. its a very very simple recipe. 8lbs amber malt extract 1.25 ounces fuggles for 60 min and .5 ounces fuggles at 30 mins and irish moss at 10. thats it. it makes a malty convincing red stripe

Doesn't red stripe contain formaldahyde?

Dan

Wolf

Reaction score
"ITs BEER! HOORAY BEER! "
I'll never get tired of seeing that subject line, or ones like it.

Geordiepete

Reaction score
Congratz!! My first one has turned out ok too, just a little too bitter but I think my taste buds are adjusting and hardning up to the bitterness, second beer should be ready for new years eve!!!(already had a taste of that and its lush Im gonna do the whole keg in a one'er! :mug: :tank:

Latest posts