It's been a long while

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman52

Reaction score
Hi all.
It's been over 30years since I have made any kind of beer or wine. I actually still have some of the equipment I used. It was stored in my barn. I am really kind of starting over. Especially with all the equipment out there now days. It's kind of overwhelming. I just ordered a small 5. 2 freezer to make a Keezer into. I figured it would be a lot less work to keg than bottle. I never liked bottling anyway. I have an old I guess 40# steel CO2 bottle. I just had retested and filled. I also have 2 ball lock 5 gal kegs that been in the barn for the past 20 years.>I will clean & reseal them before use. Just looking forward to some interesting projects and having some fun and relaxing. No stress for sure. After all I am retired and do as I please.
Captn Jack.

Iceman52,
Welcome to the re-entry trajectory! Just starting back up after a 20 year break from brewing and it amazes me how much new cool equipment and information is available....It's like Christmas in June! Found 3 old glass carboys in the attic and my old copper wort chiller and 7 gallon SS pot in the upper reaches of my barn. Good luck on your journey!!!!!

Thanks all. For my first beer I want to make a Kolsch Extract from HB. Should be interesting.

Back