It's amazing how much visuals add to the enjoyment of beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglysofa

Reaction score
Whether it be a nice firm head on the beer or elegent lacing in the glass, I find myself enjoying a beer so much more if it looks beautiful in a glass. I feel like people who don't appreciate craft beer just don't understand how beautiful that is.

Anybody else just love looking at beer? :mug:

Whether it be a nice firm head on the beer or elegent lacing in the glass, I find myself enjoying a beer so much more if it looks beautiful in a glass. I feel like people who don't appreciate craft beer just don't understand how beautiful that is.

Anybody else just love looking at beer? :mug:

Definitely. It's amazing how much imagery and the name of a beer impact our tastes. One of my favorite beer-drinking experiences was drinking a glass of Chimay White while watching a BBC special on the 100 Years War on a cold winter's night. Sounds pretty tame but it was awesome.

I love looking at peoples' pics of beer, especially in high def, it's mouth-watering. It's funny how little things like the color, head, lacing, glass, name, and circumstances make some beers unreal. Makes me want to buy more beer glasses.

I was just thinking this tonight...I had a 1/3 left in the glass and lovely lacing all the way down.

I also have a great neighbor who loves beer. She doesn't drink much, due to some digestive issue?, but she loves the varieties and the differences of beer. She teaches 7th grade science...maybe that has something to do with it, but the point is, she buys various craft beers and brings them to me to see what I think of them. It's funny how she drink vicariously through me...and that's fine with me.

...except that Choco beer she brought today...ugh.

The color of Goose Island Matilda mixed with the nice head and perfect lacing leaves me speechless. I spend a great deal of time trying to duplicate it....

I am trying their two other farmhouse/saisons tomorrow. I've brewed 1 Saison from kit, and I like it but it is not as fruity(used the 3711 yeast). I will keep trying until we've gone crazy.

Yup. Image is everything.

storyimages_75sexybeerbabes.jpg_640x429_310x220

Back