Its Alive!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor22

Reaction score
My Kolsch I brewed about 12 hours ago is very happy! Its a extract kit, all went well, one minor glitch. I put the hops in before the malt (just a few minutes). Should be fine... Does it look a little dark to anyone?

A couple words of advice. It called for the DME to be put in the last 10 minutes. I stirred it well and it mixed very well. I turned my back for 20 seconds and a 2.5 gallon boil was coming out of a 7.5 gallon pot! BE CAREFUL!!!

I did this alone, A friend around would make things go a whole lot smoother!!!!:mug:

IMAG0867Large_zpseb1a602f.jpg

Looks like it's doin just fine. I had plain wheat DME do that to me once. It was 2.5 gallons in a 5 gallon BK. Crazy hot break for about 3 minutes. You def can't turn your back on a BK coming to a boil. It happens right before boiling temp is reached.

It was probably more like 10 seconds, it happened in a flash! This is my first time fermenting in a bottle. I just wanted to watch it. LOL Its totally nuts how crazy the yeast are. I almost looks like its boiling!

I made a plastic tube to adapt my bottle plug to the tubing I had laying around, as it was about ready to spew up into the air lock. Sanitized everything, now I feel better!

PictureLarge_zps0dc4aaa2.jpg

Back