It tastes wonderful

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewin_the_goods

Reaction score
I was finally able to try my homebrew last night, and I was really happy with the results :D. We decided to go hiking in Zion National Park to kick the day off and return home to relax with a couple glasses of HB. First we tried the Irish Stout, which has a really distinct roasted flavor at first with a good nutty finish, even those who are not real stout fans said they were enjoying it :rockin:. Next we had the Double IPA, which had a really good pine aroma and a nice citrus flavor with the right amount of bitterness to it :mug:. I'm really stoked that my first two batches were a success, and can't wait to try my Lemon Wheat that is in the primary now.

Thanks, it could use another week or so in the bottle as it's only been two weeks but I was really happy with the results.

Those brews look awfully tasty. Especially since I am sober and it's Monday and i'm at work. I'm debating on doing a stout soon. I am not a huge stout fan, so it will be good for me to start expanding the 'ol beer palette.

I'd like to see how that Lemon Wheat turns out when it is ready!

It wasn't until my 3rd batch that I fell in love with my brew so for getting it right on the 1st and 2nd, gratz! :mug:

Sunday, I got the Irish Stout off of Midwest supplies and highly recommend it as I'm not a huge stout fan myself, but this is one tasty beverage. I brewed it knowing I'd have one every once in a while and wanted to see the various tastes as it ages :). I like your Brew name as I brew on Sunday myself, it's a wonderful way to pay homage to God for providing us these tasty treats :D, after all it truelly is "proof that He loves us, and wants us to be happy" :mug:

I'll keep you posted on the Wheat, it'll be moving to the 2ndary on Thurs with the lemon zest where it'll stay for another week and a half.

I've never not has a beer carbonate in a week. I think it may have something to do with living in a desert. When I started posting here I told ravvy that I had fully carbonated bottles in as little as four days and he basically said that it was impossible. Makes me feel sorry for people brewing that far north. The three week mantra doesn't apply to everyone and every beer. I started into a ten gallon batch of Pale at day four and I don't think the last of them was better than the first. Hopy beers loose their initial crisp edges fast.

Back