It tastes pretty bad...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinner

Reaction score
Sorry for the misleading title. ;-)

Brewed an Alt on New Years day and used WLP036. Checked on it last night and the early, vigorous fermentation is complete (OG 1.048, currently 1.010). Fermentation temp was 60F so I'm now raising the temp to about 65F to let the remaining yeast get a little more active to clean things up. I always like to taste the beer at this "green" stage so I can truly appreciate how bad it tastes right now and how really, really good it will taste when it's finished. Nothing like a mouth full of sulphur and other random off-flavours to make you appreciate a good, clean, finished beer!

Now for 3 more weeks in primary followed by a few weeks lagering. THEN it's going to taste awesome!

Just a little Thursday morning rambling...

Cheers!
K

Sounds good. I brewed a Hobgoblin clone (Orfy's recipe) from extract. I haven't touched it yet but it sure in looking good after a strong fermentation for the first few days!

B

Back