It has been a long time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanS

Reaction score
I signed up on this site when I brewed my first batch of beer about 6 months ago. Then I hit final exams in college, had to move and started a new job. Now, I am settled and ready to take all this stuff SERIOUSLY!

I brewed my second batch last night. It was an unhopped kit, unlike my first one. So i brewed all the malts and hops according to the directions, and sanitized everything like a madman. I didn't get the yeast pitched till around midnight, however, This morning at 5:30 when I woke up none of the crazy fermentation that happened last time over night had taken place.

The beer is definitely a different one, much thicker, but i'm worried I screwed up, how long of a time with no rigorous fermentation before I call this a lost cause?

Dan:confused:

:rolleyes: Are you really worrying after only 5 hours? Most noobies don't start to panic until about 24 hours. I have read that some batches take two or three days. Yours will probably be bubbling like crazy this afternoon.

Alright, I was getting nervous only because the first batch was done its rigorous fermentation stuff in about 10 hours

Back