Iso:DL or hunaphu FT:Mexican Cake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pursuit4hoppiness

Reaction score
If you have a BA version, I can throw in a kbs, Bcbs, or black note.

*Also have 2012 Bcbcs or
Stone espresso Russian imperial stout (if anyone is willing to part with a hunaphu)

Just an fyi, BA dark lord is a $50 bottle. You would likely need to add quite a bit more just to be even $4$ on one of those.

Im not sure how much BA huna is, but you may want to check.

Cool thanks man yeah wasn't sure but I have a 4 pack of kbs which ran me $28. And the bottle of mexi which was $20. The bcbcs 2012 is a 22oz that was like $30. I could meet dollar amount just not sure of what it'd take to land those.

Just curious but where did you buy mexi cake for $20?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Beverage plus in floral park NY. Guy did a grand opening and was selling some hard to come by stuff for us new yorkers. It was actually $22.99 and I also bought a stickee monkee for $32. (I know he jacked up the prices)
What does normally go for @ bsyoung, $16?

It was 11 or 12 bucks for me but I live about 2 hrs from the brewery

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Lol thanks mike. I knew everything was over priced but didn't know by how much. Supply and demand I guess.

Wow, they're bending you over the barrel out in long island. Even Manhattan prices are lower than that.

Its real ****ty what some shops are resorting to...I know a shop with a case of backyard, and if I know them right it will come out around the holidays with a 100% markup on price

Beverage plus in floral park NY. Guy did a grand opening and was selling some hard to come by stuff for us new yorkers. It was actually $22.99 and I also bought a stickee monkee for $32. (I know he jacked up the prices)
What does normally go for @ bsyoung, $16?

Superstar in Huntington had cake on the shelve for 15.99.
32$ for SM is absolutely ridiculous.

$20 for MC? Yikes man.

So if the guy paid $20 for MC and wants to do a $4$ trade, would he do it based on what he paid or based on what the typical going rate is for the bottles?

Is BA Dark Lord really worth $50? That's stupid.

Thats kind of up to the individual trader. Ive turned people down for overpriced beer.

As far as $50 for the BA dark lord. You also have to buy a $35 ticket just to even be able to buy it lol.

I wouldnt trade my ba dl for just $4$...id need something equal in rarity. I only posted the dollar info so that OP wouldn't be surprised when someone says mexican cake plus a kbs is not near a deal. At a minimum, im sure a guy with ba dl would want $50 worth of beer.

Also, check craigslist in indy/illinois after dark lord day every year...people sell the barrel aged dark lords for ridiculous amounts, $200 and up! I know a guy that sold his port barrel aged for $225. So the beer must be worth something to someone haha

Based on my buying, Cake is $11-13, monkee was $17.

A case of KBS, MC, or the like may not get a BA DL depending on the variant. They are expensive and rare. And people love to acquire all for Voltron tastings so give up ridiculous **** for them. For reference, I traded one last year for a BC Rare, BC Vanilla, BC Bramble, BC Cherry Rye, Surly V, and Surly VI. I added some on my end, but nothing crazy.

Back