Is this sculpture worth anything?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apoxbrew

Reaction score
So I got this from a local brewer who didn't want it anymore. He said it was a tiered setup on the phone, which it is, but not the type of teired setup I'm looking for.

Anyway, it's in rough shape obviously, but certainly could be cleaned up and used with minimal effort.

Anyone have any thoughts on how much I should put on craigslist for? I have no idea what I should ask and don't want to overshoot a reasonable price.

the middle tier swivels 90 degrees and there's a winch-arm at the top.

Input appreciated! (mods - wasn't sure if I should post here or in classifieds since I'm not actually selling it in this post. Feel free to move. I'll certainly post in classifiedes once I know how much to charge).

sclupt01.jpg

sclupt02.jpg

sclupt03.jpg

That thing doesn't look very sturdy at all. I don't think I'd be comfortable putting kettles full of hot water on it. Maybe it'd be cool to put some potted plants on though.

i may just sell it for it's weight in steel to the metal place in town. LOL

I like junk and that's a fine example, but I wouldn't brew on it. The base looks way too narrow to be stable unless it gets bolted down somehow....

Wait a minute. Someone GAVE it to you and you're going to sell it for as much as you can? That must be against some sort of unwritten brewer's code!

If someone gave it to you, and you can't use it, why don't you give it away? I don't get it.

easy yoop... you don't really know me or the situation well enough to say something like that.

1) the guy that gave it to me was tossing it. literally. so i basically dumpster dove... with the intent of possibly using it before deciding to build a more horizontal style tiered sculpture. he obviously didn't care what anyone did with it.

2) if it was worth anything on the open market, i was going to flip it... selling it for a fair price (which is why i started this thread and asked before posting) and use the money to buy the steel for what i want to build.

3) once yall said it wasn't worth anything, i posted on my club board offering it up to anyone that wanted it and ended up GIVING it away to someone who thinks they can make something out of it.

so as you can see, i was hardly out to sell it for as much as i could.

Wait a minute. Someone GAVE it to you and you're going to sell it for as much as you can? That must be against some sort of unwritten brewer's code!

If someone gave it to you, and you can't use it, why don't you give it away? I don't get it.

lol.... must be that time of the month.... :D

if you sell it, make sure to put in the fine print that it is only meant for 1 gallon batches. then no one can sue you when someone inevitably gets scalded to death.

LOL - I'll ask the question again... does no one ready anything in a thread except for the first post???

Not that anyone will read this, but here's hoping: I GAVE IT AWAY. I DID NOT SELL IT.

There. Brew karma is back in balance for those that mistakenly thought it would be wrong to sell it had it actually been worth something.

Let's all have a home brew and relax. eh? All I was asking for was input on the tree itself. I didn't want the thread to blow up into some ethical debate or flame session.

Wow, I have seen some mean-spirited stuff posted on HBT, but this dropped my jaw. I'm embarrassed for you.

don't be... Should have heard the stuff I said to her at a brew day when she had cream cheese running down her chin... She's a cool easy going person and I have no worries that she did not know I was messing with her.

I think its salvageable, it does need some reinforcement and a larger base but its a start for someone, its prolly worth 40.00 to someone that can weld and make it usable.
its has aleast 20.00 or 30.00 in steel + labor

don't be... Should have heard the stuff I said to her at a brew day when she had cream cheese running down her chin... She's a cool easy going person and I have no worries that she did not know I was messing with her.

Yeah, he's right! I actually LOL'd at his post! :mug:

I'm sorry I offended you, Apoxbrew. I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers at all. I've given away a ton of stuff to other brewers, and I've never once considered that they'd sell it if they couldn't use it. I was just quite taken aback, that's all. I didn't mean any offense.

it's all good yoop. most folks on forums like this just tend to assume a lot without any back story. the situation here was nothing like when a brew friend asks or needs something and you give it to them. it was essentially a dumpster dive situation.

anyway, it's been passed along (for free) to someone who might be able to do something with it.

cheers!

Back