Is this normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shem_rah_brew

Reaction score
Hi y’all, I posted earlier last Friday about a Belgian saison I’m making and “accidentally” added the mango puree to the primary fermentation... and to top it off I just dumped the purée in about 2 minutes after I pitched the yeast. So now it’s been about 3 days and just wanted to make sure that it’s looking normal and everything is kosher.
IMG_0940.jpg

Can't say anything about the addition timing but the fermentation looks good. Surface of the beer is showing yeast rafts as the fermentation is finishing.

Cool. Excited to see what happens here. This is only my second batch so I’m just being a worrywort [emoji23]

Looks normal, I wouldn't be worried. Worst case scenario your yeast will ferment the puree slightly increasing your alcohol but not by any major degree and you wont get as much flavor from the puree because the yeast will dry it out.

Back