Is this normal??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxerbrew

Reaction score
This morning I dry hopped my Pale Ale in the primary. (I don't currently do secondary). The beer has been in primary for 10 days. I took out the airlock and dropped about 1/2 oz. of cascade pellets down the grometted hole in the lid. I cleaned the airlock, refilled and replaced it in the hole in the lid. Within minutes the airlock was bubbling away again as if it had just started fermentation. All signs of fermentation have been done for about 6+ days and now its going again.
Is this normal???

BTW- this is about my 12th batch and all that have finished aging have been great. I usually primary for 2 weeks and bottle condition for 3+ weeks. It was a standard extract kit. This is, however, my first attempt at dry hopping. Seemed appropriated being a pale ale and all.

Side note: The airlock that I took out was all gunked up with dryed on krausen nearly covering the slotted holes that let out the CO2. I replaced it with one of my replacement airlocks because it was taking so long to clean.

Somebody tell me everything is alright.

you probably just stirred up some of the co2 that was in solution. you're good to go.

Back