Is this normal? My Rubbermaid cooler is wobbly!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianQuaffer

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just bought by 10 gal Rubbermaid cooler, got it home and saw that it's got quite the wobble to it. The middle of the bottom is bowed or bubbled out just enough to cause the thing to wobble.

Is this typical of these coolers?

Cheers,

Nick

I just used mine for the first time yesterday. With it full, I didn't notice the wobble...maybe it straightened out full of water and grain but it was a non-issue.

I have 2 coolers and both don't wobble. I got them both used so maybe a bad batch of new ones?

I've decided to return the 10 gallon anyway for a 5 gallon. The hole for the spigot wasn't drilled in the centre of the recessed hole so the washers don't fit, making it impossible to get a solid, tight fit to the 3/8" spigot.
I wanted a 5 gallon batch anyway for "normal" (under 1.050) 5 gallon batches. I'll pick up a 10 gallon next time I'm State side where I'll have the advantage of being able to pick from a lot (the store I bought mine from had to special order it) and getiting the cooler for $40 instead of $85.

Latest posts

Back