Is this contaminated?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_Sliver

Reaction score
My third batch. Is this contaminated, guys? :(
Munton's Nut Brown Ale. Been in primary for close to 4 weeks.

IMG_0598[1].jpg

Looks pretty funky to me.... I have seen white powdery mold growing in a batch before but nothing like that.

I was worried about this batch ever since I found out my friends were opening up the bucket to smell the beer about 2 weeks in.

Sigh... Oh well. Making a "DO NOT OPEN!!!!" sign now for next time lol.

Thanks, guys! On to the next batch!

I was worried about this batch ever since I found out my friends were opening up the bucket to smell the beer about 2 weeks in.

Haha! :rolleyes:

Maybe goes without saying, but make sure that bucket is SUPER clean and sanitized before using it again. Or maybe just use it as a storage bucket and get a new fermenter, maybe others can chime in with their opinion. That infection could rear its ugly head in future batches.

Make them drink it as a penalty!

Bottle a couple beers and give it to them without saying anything. Then tell them this is what you did to my beer after they take a sip.

Sometimes you just gotta mess with friends haha

Back