Is there a simple iPhone app (or mobile-formatted website) for hydrometer correction?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ResumeMan

Reaction score
Very often the only thing I need to do to my beer is to check the gravity (and do a taste test of course :p). When I run downstairs to my fermentation area, it would be great to be able to correct my reading for temperature right there, rather than having to either remember or write down the nominal reading and temp, and convert it on the computer upstairs.

I don't need an elaborate iPhone brewing app, and the few sites I've come across don't look to good on the phone screen. Anyone know of an alternative?

I purchased Brew Math for the iPhone. It has a lot of tools in it, one of which is to correct your specific gravity readings for temp differences. I find it to be pretty helpful. Mark

That looks pretty much like what I want. I'll wait a bit to see if anyone else has any bright ideas, and otherwise may grab that. Thanks for the tip.

I love Brew Math. It does more than the SG Correction. I like the evaporation/Dilution to figure what my OG will be in the Kettle at the end of the boil. I normally top up with boiling water about 15 out to the volume I need for the OG I want. Also like the ABV and calories off the OG SG Math It is also excellent (Right On) for the Mash Strike Temp prior to putting in the grain. I get my water at that temp for the amount grain and I hit the Mash Temp exactly. It is well worth the same amount it costs.

I purchased Brew Math for the iPhone.

Picked this up, it seems to do what I was looking for. I'll probably use the unit conversions too (though I wish it had tbsp and tsp in the volume settings). Not sure how much else I'll use, but for a buck it's just what I needed. Thanks for the recommendation.

Back