Is killians pry off or twist off?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportscrazed2

Reaction score
thinking of picking some up because a case is $10 where i live and it's delicious but i want to know if i can use bottles again?

wow, I really wish I had read this before Tuesday.... I honestly got the Killian's BECAUSE it appeared they were non-twist; NOTHING indicated that they were twist off . I wanted the bottles! Got home, popped one after supper, and a little later I noticed the twist on the bottle. Went back and looked at the caps: Yep, I should've brought my reading glasses when I went to the store. Tiny print, but "twist-off" is right there. :( My mistake.

Update: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/twist-off-bottles-190791/#post2327140

I just used the soda test method and capped two Killian's bottles. Nothing broke, cracked, shattered or exploded. :) It was definitely different from using pop-top bottles, but it worked okay. I honestly think a bench capper would be a significant improvement (and then I could also use my old stubbies and Stella, etc.).

Anyways, to the OP, if you've already bought them, it'll work. Ditto for Blue Moon and I suppose pretty much anything else bottled at Golden, Colorado (I mean, Coors). :D

Back