Is it wrong of me to protest on the simple fact of not being invited?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I've noticed a trend lately. Whenever the discussion of *****ebaggery comes up, the percentage of posters suggesting genital mutilation approaches 100%.

I approve this trend!

Hey ... I didn't suggest genital mutilation. I merely suggested that the beer he brews for said event might benefit with a thorough ball sack washing.:rockin:

Here's my take on the situation. No invite = No brewing specifically for the wedding. I'd explain that for a wedding he's going to want the major commercial beers for a broad based appeal (not everyone loves HB just because we do) Step up and be the bigger man and offer up a case of your finest for him and his bride. Just because he is being thoughtless doesn't mean he not a good guy. I remember 9 short years ago when I was planning my wedding I didn't even invite my best man. He found out about it when I called to ask when he wanted to go get our tuxedos. Weddings are stressful and mistakes are made. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

Have you thought about sucker punching him in the crotchal region? :D

Total dickweed move. I'm with Bobby on this one. Even if I could get $300 out of him for an 'equipment rental' I wouldn't do it. I'd tell him that you don't have time to do it and forget all about it.

Thanks guys you all have made me feel a hell of a lot better. Just the humor effect you have all added to your posts rocks.

Yes he said I’m not invited. This wasn’t a oversight it was a blatant "your not invited, please brew beer". So benefit of the doubt is way out the window.

Funny thing was had initially I been invited. Then asked if could brew a few batches for him and his buddies I would have done it for free.

Now I won’t let him taste the beer I brew regardless.

It’s amazing how things work out. Good thing I found out now instead of later when I invested in the perceived friendship.

This wasn’t a oversight it was a blatant "your not invited, please brew beer". So benefit of the doubt is way out the window.

What a dick.

It's like, Hey I'm having a party and you are not invited, but I want you to make some BBQ and help me clean up afterwards. Thanks Dude!

This is pretty low.

What a dick.

It's like, Hey I'm having a party and you are not invited, but I want you to make some BBQ and help me clean up afterwards. Thanks Dude!

This is pretty low.

LMAO If you can find someone to agree to that I'm moving in next door to you.:mug:

You're not even going to make some kind of reference to a violent act directed at his genitalia?! Might as well not even come to the party then.

Okay, um, how about an attempt to apply cap via hand capper to the upper portion of the primary feature of the male reproductive organs?:ban:

i'm late to the party, but this whole situation violates my first rule of the workplace. those ****ers are co-workers, not friends, or family, and should thus be left at the workplace. NO FRATERNIZING WITH THE HELP! ;)

Yes he said I’m not invited. This wasn’t a oversight it was a blatant "your not invited, please brew beer". So benefit of the doubt is way out the window.
That's crazy. What is it about brewing that makes people think they can take the piss like that? If you substitute other wedding-related chores in that sentence, no-one would ever have the nuts to come out with them. "You're not invited, make me a fcuking wedding cake". "You're not invited, clean the fcuking toilets afterwards". "You're not invited, give me a free honeymoon in Hawaii". The guy sounds like a total gobsh!te cockfarmer.

Funny thing was had initially I been invited. Then asked if could brew a few batches for him and his buddies I would have done it for free.

Some nerve! Boy some people have no social graces.

When i was in graduate school I was asked to brew beer for a halloween party. They said I would be compensated for the beer. I told them I didn't want to make money, but if I recouped 3/4 of what the cost was I would be able to do it again. It was grad school and every dollar counted.
I went to great expense and brewed up an apple ale and a pumpkin ale with a friend. They cost me quite a bit, but came out amazing. We calculated what everything cost from organic malt, to pumpkins, to high quality yeast, to bottle caps, and sugar. ..It was just under a dollar a beer so we rounded it up figuring people would forget to pay after a few or might be a little short, (and I felt I deserved to drink for 'free'). Heck, if there was a place that was selling dollar beers, you'd think it was a mistake.
The party orgainzers put it all over the invitations and announcements, emailed people before the party, and put a big sign up over the bath tub full of the iced down beers.
The beer was gone in 3 hours. I got $7.
One of my friends confronted a couple of people about it. When asked why they didn't throw in they said thinks like "I thought this stuff was practically free to make."
Then, people could not understand why I wouldn't make beer for the next year. I told them if they wanted to raise money for the supplies, I would do it. You would have thought I asked to sleep with their wives.
I've also given batches of homebrew as gifts and while some appreciated it, I also got a lot of similar responses as above.
I no longer give my beer away. If someone asks for something thats in my fridge, they are more than welcome to it. But if people don't truly appreciate and understand homebrew, they have no respect for the hobby.

hoss75, I agree with you. People think we make this stuff for nothing, not counting our time and investment in equipment. I get a lot of this at work, "Still waiting for that homebrew." Well you're going to be waiting a long time. I give to the people I want, not because you know I make my own beer and you think you're entitled to it. I tell them, I'll put you on the list. I may be getting very cynical in my old age, but I find most people suck.

hoss75, I agree with you. People think we make this stuff for nothing, not counting our time and investment in equipment. I get a lot of this at work, "Still waiting for that homebrew." Well you're going to be waiting a long time. I give to the people I want, not because you know I make my own beer and you think you're entitled to it. I tell them, I'll put you on the list. I may be getting very cynical in my old age, but I find most people suck.

I get the same occasionally and I tell them the same thing, "you're on the list".

Back to the OP, realize also that if you're supplying beer for 150+ you're taking on a considerable liability. Most places won't allow homebrew to be served as it usually violates some sort of liquor law. God forbid someone wreck their car after downing a few pints of what you brewed and then turn around and sue you. That's annoying law-talk, but that's reality. There's no freakin' way in Hell I'd brew enough beer for 150+ people I didn't know and wasn't even going to have the opportunity to meet. My friend asked me to brew for his wedding next year and I told him I couldn't do it 'cause his fiancee's family is bat-**** psycho crazy---and I'm his Best Man! Instead, I told him I'd brew something special for him AND ONLY HIM.

But to ask you to provide that quantity of homebrew and you're not even invited? There's a reason why all the posters here are echoing the same thing: it's bull****.

So the friendship isn't developing like you'd hope. A real friend wouldn't ask that of you and not invite you. He's not worth your time or effort.

I agree with one of the other posters, tell him you don't brew for large events/other people.

Sorry, I can't legally take money for making homebrew.

Also, you're a doucebag and I banged your girlfriend. Congrats!

...I agree with one of the other posters, tell him you don't brew for large events/other people.

I'd do the opposite to drive home the point of his *****ebaggery.

"...I'd normally love to brew for your crowd...do it all the time...people love the homemade beer and it makes the event stand out and people remember it...but since I'm not invited...no can do..."

Then show him a picture of your portable beer rig and talk about how cool it is...

Here...in case you don't have one:

Rolling_Kegger9999.jpg

Rolling_Kegger99991.jpg

Also, you're a doucebag and I banged your girlfriend. Congrats!

I would love to say this but unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it I wouldn’t bang his girlfriend with his d*ck.

I also agree with the other guys why is it people at work alway say that hey still waiting on that home brew.

UglyGoat said it best. ""i'm late to the party, but this whole situation violates my first rule of the workplace. those ****ers are co-workers, not friends, or family, and should thus be left at the workplace. NO FRATERNIZING WITH THE HELP!""

I think someone forgot to mention the suggestion: "Go take a flying feck at a donut rolling through a briar patch."

But the other point that is being missed is that this is an engineer we're talking about. If he's anything like the engineers I work with, then 1: engineers congregate with other engineers. 2:Engineers drink like fishes.

Do you really have the time to brew 20 kegs? Really, three kegs would be gone in ten minutes!

So I have a coworker who wants me to brew some beer for his wedding.

However I am not invited to it.

Is it wrong of me to protest and not brew beer for him on the simple fact of not being invited?

After thinking this over, I have second thoughts. This is his wedding and even though you didn't get invited, be the better person. Tell him you'll be happy to brew for his wedding and you'll supply all the beer . Then the day of the wedding bring him a six pack and tell him to stick it up his ass.

I'd do the opposite to drive home the point of his *****ebaggery.

"...I'd normally love to brew for your crowd...do it all the time...people love the homemade beer and it makes the event stand out and people remember it...but since I'm not invited...no can do..."

Then show him a picture of your portable beer rig and talk about how cool it is...

Here...in case you don't have one:

Oh yeah,

2008Brewfest1.jpg

Man, how did I miss this thread!? I read the first few posts, gave up and skipped here to give my opinion.

Offer NO beer. Gatecrash the wedding, and punch the bride in the throat at the point where she is supposed to say "I do". Take the maid of honour round the back, deflower her, then go to the reception and grab the mic from the best man as he is about to make his speech and explain to everyone why you behaved like such a ******.

Just my opinion. :)

Offer NO beer. Gatecrash the wedding, and punch the bride in the throat at the point where she is supposed to say "I do". Take the maid of honour round the back, deflower her, then go to the reception and grab the mic from the best man as he is about to make his speech and explain to everyone why you behaved like such a ******.
+1. In the long run, he'll thank you for it.

but were you invited to the reception? weddings is one thing that id rather not attend if i am not great friends/family with someone. reception on the other hand should be for friends and family. meaning best friends and what not at wedding friends and acquaintances at reception. this is just me though. i would think if your brewing the beer you should be invited to the reception.

Back