is it ok to use poland springs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koerd85

Reaction score
i think poland springs taste good but will it taste good as beer water?

If it tastes good to you, go with it. I use my tap water that is untreated (city water) and it tastes good.

Depends on what sort of beer you're looking at. That being said, according to the specs, Poland Springs runs relatively soft, making it a good (IMHO) candidate for lighter beers. Wish we could get it in this area. Last Pilsner I brewed I used Ice Mountain cut with distilled.

I use Poland Springs to brew, its the only water I really like the taste of. I figure start with water you like. Good water=good beer(well the start of good beer).

i have another question: is it ok to cool your wort down with near freezing poland springs?

My concern is that the water could be contaminated.

Getting it near freezing won't kill ant nasties that might be in it. Chill the wort in the BK,then proceed as usual.

yes in fact they use uv light to kill all potential bacteria without the aid of Cl-, which is better for yeasties beasties.

Back