Irish Red Ale Still Good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezale

Reaction score
A friend of mine and I brewed an Irish Red Ale towards the end of March 2009. It was bottled and he has kept it in a closet since then. The temp. in the house is usually around 80 degrees, if not more. I was wondering how long this beer will last in this type of environment. Thanks.

I am drinking the last of some March brewed Red Ale now that has been conditioning in a closet at about 75*. It is mighty tasty! They have actually gotten better with age. Chill one down for a couple of days to put the yeastie beasties to sleep and pop it open. I bet it will be great.

The only way to tell for sure is to taste. Of course, of you still need a second opinion, you could certainly send me some ;-)

I left some of my Irish Red at my moms house after college. She keeps her house about 80 so I am sure that closet was a bit higher than that. After two years I found it and it is still very good. This was one of my first batches, extract, and it held up nicely. Aged nicely in those high temps. Hope you have similar experiences.

Back