IPA recipe advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggie10

Reaction score
Debating between:

3.4 kg Coopers Pale Ale LME
0.4 kg sugar
US05 yeast
Cascade/Citra/Amarillo late and dry hop additions

or

1.7 kg Coopers IPA Brew A LME
1.7 kg Briess sorghum liquid extract
0.4 kg sugar
US05 yeast
Cascade/Citra/Amarillo late and dry hop additions

Looking for ligh-medium body IPA, moderate bitterness, and decent citrus flavor and aroma.

All comments appreciated.

Trying both? Hmm, well my original intention was to brew 3 identical all malt extract batches but dry hop each differently, and do a comparison. Have enough hops for that only, not enough of any one variety to do two batches.

Trying both? Hmm, well my original intention was to brew 3 identical all malt extract batches but dry hop each differently, and do a comparison. Have enough hops for that only, not enough of any one variety to do two batches.

Do the top recipe now, then later you can try the other. My experience with pale ale or IPA's is that the hop presence begins to fade by the end of the second month in bottles and is nearly gone by the end of the third. With that in mind, use your drinking habits to plan the batch size. Beer recipes can be scaled so any size is possible.

Latest posts

Back