Instant Pot for Cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centralpabrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As I have mentioned in a few other threads, I am trying to get over a gushing bottle/infection problem. I recently replaced 99% of the plastic in my system, but I want to make sure I get rid of the infection this time. In addition to a PBW soak, acid wash, star san, iodophor, etc, I was thinking about running all my parts through an instant pot cycle. I know I can't get to 15 PSI for true sterilization and I am also concerned about some of my parts deforming. Has anyone used an instant pot without fear of deformation? Specifically, I am worried about the plastic "orings" in my 3 piece ball values and the plastic impellers in my pumps. I know my pumps can withstand up to 230F, and I was told that the PET parts of the ball valves can do up to 250F. Honestly not sure that the ball valve parts are PET and not just plastic.

Latest posts

Back