Inspriation Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedicMang

Reaction score
I'm creating this thread for the main purpose of being able to have myself and others write down interesting ideas for "What to brew next". I like to experiment and I'd like to hear what you have to say about fun topics. This should be a thread where people can come to find inspiration on what to brew next and the trials and successes/failures of said experiment.

I want to do a Green Olive amber. I love the topic of green olives in general. You either hate them or obsessed with them. I am on the LOVE side of the fence and want to make a beer that has that salty deliciousness in it. I am worried about the fat in them making the beer rancid. Any thoughts? I am going to try it anyways by just throw some green olives with some juice in secondary. Mmmmmmm. Salivating thinking about it.

What weird crap are you thinking? Are you a purist and only brew the traditional shtuff? Unload your ideas to give other brewers ideas when they need new ideas.

For instance, I just did a Partigyle Brew that ended up being a crazy brew day. Awesome but crazy. 12 hrs in total but I got 5 gallons each of a potential 18% Barleywine, a 3% English IPA, and a 3% Micro Dry Stout. Check it out here.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/its-monster-mash-358653/

I am also going to be doing a Juniper/Fennel Dark Strong for a Christmas beer experiment.

My Haus beers are also something I am trying to perfect. An amber, an IPA, a Pale, and a Brown. I have been writing recipes in Beersmith and every time I changed something in the previous recipes, I would forget what the previous one was in case I was unhappy with the change. I started physically writing them down now in a beer log binder and I am going to really start to take great notes. Hopefully this will help my consistency and will be a great way to learn how specific ingredients really influence the end product.

Latest posts

Back