Insignia 9.9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webby45wr

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm leaning towards picking up an Insignia 9.9cu ft fridge to convert for a kegerator. I am pretty sure I'll be able to gete 4 kegs in there. I'd like to keep the CO2 on the outside. Does anyone have experience drilling through the side of this one? I can't find a schematic of the coolant on the web.

Best Buy link for the fridge

Thanks!

If you can't find the diagrams of where the condenser coils are, when you first start up the fridge run it for a few minutes and see what side gets warm. That will give you a good idea of where the coils are located inside the body.

Being a fridge the evaporator is generally in the freezer and a damper controls the temp of the fridge. The lines going to the condenser coils are usually just run down the back of the fridge to the coils below the fridge. Chest freezers are usually the ones you have to worry about drilling holes in, unless new fridges are completely different, I could be wrong.

Back