INKBIRD IPB-16 Temp Probe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnye

Reaction score
Folks that have the Inkbird IPB-16 how are you using the temp probe? I was looking into picking one up from Bobby at BrewHardware but wasn't sure the best way to use the probe. I have a pot with a 1.5 TC fitting in it for the temp probe, but wasn't sure if people recommended using a thermowell or putting the probe directly in the water using one of his compression fittings or something else? Would love to hear about your solutions.

Thanks!

using a thermowell also on the side of my pot
2018-04-29 16.16.26.jpg

Do you have information on which thermowell you're using? What size is the OD, length, etc? Have you found any issues with your response times or accuracy?

thanks for the info. I think I'm going to go with the TC version of that one. Bobby mentioned that the large size one is a little too big for the probe and recommended putting cotton balls in the well to take up the extra space. Have you done anything like that, or it works fine without it?

thanks for the info. I think I'm going to go with the TC version of that one. Bobby mentioned that the large size one is a little too big for the probe and recommended putting cotton balls in the well to take up the extra space. Have you done anything like that, or it works fine without it?

i haven't added anything. it is a little lose but it is deep enough that it doesn't fall out or anything like that. It works well as is.

Last edited:
I used my Dremel and trimmed it down a bit to fit in a TC thermowell. A little keg lube and it slides in. ...as Bobby advertises.

thermal grease is the ideal solution... I use it in my fermenter thermowells and it made a large difference in response time. the alternative is just buying a TC pt100 like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tri-Clamp-...639210?hash=item590c6e37ea:g:djcAAOSwEMxa9vF6

and wiring the 3.5mm jack onto the end.. others have done it here. the inkbird probe is a pt100 sensor.

i thought about using one of these but the 1/2 npt threaded ver. Is the 4 pin connection to the probe water proof? i clean my equipment in a tube and i always get water on the outside. so this was a concern for me.

Latest posts

Back