Infusing MJ with a great IPA or DIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, not sure if this convo is frowned upon but I have a question for any brewer out there who has at least some experience with infusing MJ with their fav IPA. I know that it's legal in some states and it will be legal country wide here in Canada this year (if our Gov't doesn't **** the bed). If this isn't allowed in the forum I will gladly remove it. If you have had experience, let me know, I have questions. Email me if you are more comfortable that way. I'm mainly interested in how much did you use and at what stages did you infuse it? What was the resulting THC % per 500ml? That kind of thing...

[email protected]

Have done it infused in vodka takes a few weeks though, you could do that then add a bit to the beer to see if it would taste nice

Did you infuse the it in the vodka over a period of a few weeks? then just pour the whole thing into the wort a la wood chips?
Yeah just rack onto it to mix it in, might be best to mix it with a bit in a glass first to get the ratio you need for the taste. I wouldn't boil it no idea what that would turn out like

I am looking to get the THC into it. I am bottling as well.

And I assume you do not have access to legal cannabis? If not, then you need to make your own tincture as noted above; however, I recommend a high grain alcohol like Everclear. The process generally takes more than weeks though unless by weeks @johnstod meant months. It's a process...Google it.

BEFORE you add any THC to your beer you should absolutely test the volume you need on yourself. I would say 5-15mg is enough for most adults. Of course, children need less. Bwahahahahaha I kid, but really they probably need less.

Once you figure out the amount you need, measured accurately, then you should plan to add it to the bottle rather than the batch to better control the THC content. Ingest 60-80mg once and see how you feel after :)

Honestly, I wouldn't go past 5mg per beer because you're not just going to have one beer and nor will your friends. You don't want them drinking 2-3-4-5 20mg beers and end up throwing up in a corner because they ingested too much.

Back