INFECTION?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smitty

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers. So first attempt at adding a hop tea to my secondary. Was extremely diligent with sanitization. Noticed this on top of the beer(10 days in secondary). Never had one before but is this an infection? It's a Coopers Mexican Cerveza kit using the yeast packet that came with. Any opinions are appreciated. TIA.
20210420_133727.jpg

I would like a closer look at the green stuff but in general doesn't look like one to me. Was the tea hop green?

Thanks for getting back to me. Maybe a poor picture but nothing in there is green. Yes the hop tea was green. Made with Citra hops.

My carboys/jugs are never that clean after the initial peak of activity. Much less after hop additions during ferment. So what's the problem you see?

Just for my curiosity, is this a extract brew? I've only done full grain brews, so I'm envious how clear your beer is at this stage of the ferment.

But you did say this is the secondary, which I've not used so far. But I do have one I brewed last sunday that I'm planning on moving to a secondary. Maybe it'll be more clear too. Hopefully it won't become something scary.

Regardless, bottle it and taste it when the time comes. You can taste it sooner, but you never know what conditioning and carbonation and time will truly result with flavor wise...... at least I can't.

So a big thanks to all that responded. Just an update on the situation. Bottled today. Taste was great and the aroma was unbelievable! Can't wait for it to carbonate. Will update with a picture of the first pour.

Back