Infected beer bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsalalala

Reaction score
IMGP1247.jpg
IMGP1241.jpg
Hello to all of you, just a quick question, i made a pilsener and i bottled it about ten days ago with priming sugar.Some bottles seems to have like a white pale curtain inside that moves as i move the bottle.Is it a possible infection or just something about carbonation or yeast?

Attachments

• IMGP1237.jpg
    IMGP1237.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
It does look like yeast? I dunno though. It's really not enough information. You need to taste it at least.

If you are unsure you leave one bottle or two at higher temperatures to let a possible infection to evolve.

Looks like yeast to me. I see that in most of my bottles. Haven't had an infection yet.
I've found I can generally get it to settle by gently tapping the bottle against my palm a day or two before chilling for consumption.

Cheers!

Looks like yeast, happens in my bottles, usually clears out & drops to the bottom after being in the fridge for a couple days (id assume chilling bottled beers is sorta a cold crash in itself lol). Are they chilled or at room temp?

Looks like yeast, happens in my bottles, usually clears out & drops to the bottom after being in the fridge for a couple days (id assume chilling bottled beers is sorta a cold crash in itself lol). Are they chilled or at room temp?
no, they are at room temp.i bottled the beer 10days ago

Back