Indio Pale Ale - Phish!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makeyermark

Reaction score
Just racked my Indio Pale Ale to secondary for the upcoming Phish shows. Dry hopped with an OZ of Cascade :ban:

Any other Phish heads in here headed to the Halloween fest? Catch any of the recent shows? Bringing any tasty beers to the show for show and tell?

God I wish I was going to be there. I made the Hampton shows, but won't be able to make anything else. I have no money or vacation...

Good to see some heads on here. Listening to Phish on Sirius right now. Those of you who will be at Festival 8, we need to coordinate a meet and drink in the camp grounds as the fest grows nearer. So glad we are finally getting some west coast love from Phish.

i love phish last time i saw them was at the thomas and mack in las vegas, no festival but they played three nights and i saw two amazing shows. glow sticks were pouring off the top level of the stadium at one point in the first night i will never forget that..and the people next to me snorting a white powdery substance off of eachothers girlfriends legs.....these people were wild. no indio for me sadly as i am saving money for an aussie trip in december.

Awesome. I whipped up a "back on the train" pale ale for my first Phish 3.0 shows at Red Rocks. Four nights with the pale ale and some bonus apfelwein in the lots was fantastic. (and the shows were amazing taboot taboot.) I can't make 8 either, but Im hoping with the successful shows at Red Rocks, that will become a regular stop for Phish.

Is a fall tour coming leading up to 8? I thought for sure at first, but now it is getting late....

saw phish when they came through Jersey...they are doing some great shows this round. I download most of them from livephish.com....always wanted to see a show at red rocks. -- -- WILSON -- -- WILSON

Caught 2 nights at jones beach and one in camden...sold a few brews under the name "Gotta JaBrew"

thought it was pretty catchy....

I am jealous of all of you! I tried to get tickets to the show tomorrow when they went on sale. But I could not get through. I think Ticketmaster froze up. I hope they do another tour. Mike is playing in Nashville with his band, so I hope to catch that.

I am jealous of all of you! I tried to get tickets to the show tomorrow when they went on sale. But I could not get through. I think Ticketmaster froze up. I hope they do another tour. Mike is playing in Nashville with his band, so I hope to catch that.

If you are close to tonights venue, you might try hitting the lot and looking for tix. The 2nd night of Alpine (Sunday), there were people giving tickets away. Of course that place is huge. But Sunday shows are easier tickets to get in the lot. Fewer people looking.

I brought some apfelwein to Knoxville and it was a big hit in the lot. Too bad I'm in Florida and not near Indio!

I was at all 3 hampton, camden, and the merriweather this past saturday.
Had some of my IPA's, and apfelweins at merriweather. It was nice.

But won't be making it out to Indio, I'll be at the Pearl Jam halloween run at the Spectrum in Philly. But interesting fact regarding the festival...if you guys heard about the Vineland, NJ festival rumor........I made that up with a friend.

I'm defintely going to be stealing the Gotta Jabrew for a name.

Haven't seen Phish since Coventry and I really haven't listened to them since, either.

That's why I had no expectations for the Hartford show on Friday: if they could entertain me and not be awful, I'd be happy.

They blew me completely away. Awesome, just awesome.

My wife and I will be at the Albany and Portland shows. We've got some nice Porter's to keep us warm in the lot. We'll look for you!

another jealous reader here. several of my Denver/Boulder friends just got on planes for Palm Springs a few hours ago...after long delays because of the two feet of snow that fell in the past two days.

that's cool, I'll be chillin' here in the cold drinking beers off the kegorator in the basement this weekend waiting for the updates on phish.com. have fun out there!!

oh...and the only thing that makes it (not going to Festival 8) bearable for me this weekend is the Sunday Red Rocks show my wife and I went to the day after our wedding and the 2 Gorge shows we caught to finish out our honeymoon week...

...but I still wish I was going this weekend.

So clue me in, whats the attraction. Is it like a bunch of "new age" hippies trying to pretend they are going to see the Dead? Do you trade your beers for natural homemade burritos from other hippies in their VW vans in the parking lot, because being 55 years old and having experienced the real deal, they don't let you take anything into the concert. Just curious,
AP

Sierra Nevada FOAM, at Festival 8
http://twitpic.com/nscgq
39953690-576ebfbf28c25eab9dfeeea03f5d4acc_4aed2698-full.jpg

Bros I'm only 27 years old, but my dad used to sing Velvet Underground and Kinks songs to me and my siblings when he was trying to get us to fall asleep. You keep thinking you're rad for hearing decent songs stretched out to ****ty 20 minute versions that make normal people want to kill themselves, I'll keep humming along to "Heroin" because it makes me remember a time before I could read, and a time before you knew how to be cool. Seriously bro, everything you love is played out and lame.

Ok, so lets get this back on track here. You make some tasty brew and take it to the concert with you. What then? Tailgate time? Trade for herbal alternatives? Do you bogart it all for yourself and get plowed or do you share with strangers?
This stuff sounds all too familiar to what was going on at concerts 35-40 years ago. I DO know that they won't let you bring anything into concerts. I couldn't even bring a bottle of water into the Dead concert in the 115 degree Las Vegas heat. Then they ripped the dehydrated masses off for 5 bucks a bottle of water once in the gate.
AP

...I couldn't even bring a bottle of water into the Dead concert in the 115 degree Las Vegas heat. Then they ripped the dehydrated masses off for 5 bucks a bottle of water once in the gate.
AP

Hey, at least we had water-spritzing showers on the edge of the ground floor, right? :D

Dude, '94 (I think) was the wost! Middle of June? In Vegas?!?

Ok, so lets get this back on track here. You make some tasty brew and take it to the concert with you. What then? Tailgate time? Trade for herbal alternatives? Do you bogart it all for yourself and get plowed or do you share with strangers?
This stuff sounds all too familiar to what was going on at concerts 35-40 years ago. I DO know that they won't let you bring anything into concerts. I couldn't even bring a bottle of water into the Dead concert in the 115 degree Las Vegas heat. Then they ripped the dehydrated masses off for 5 bucks a bottle of water once in the gate.
AP

I personally would say yes to tailgate time and sharing with strangers. At a 3 day festival like that, there's tons of time for chilling by the campsite, roaming around the grounds, etc. while sipping on your homebrew before you ever go into the official concert area where you can't bring your own beer.

Latest posts

Back