In Soviet Russia, Goat-ass F*cks YOU!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
When I got home on Thursday afternoon, I found that the new laminate floor that we put down in our basement just last year had water under it. Turned out that the water heater, which was in the adjacent mudroom, rusted through and leaked under the wall into the finished space. Obviously, the flooring was all ruined.

Luckily I have some great parents. My mom paid for a large chunk of the repairs (not that I couldn't have done it myself, but I also need shell out $4500 for a new sewer line, and our firstborn is due in a few weeks), and my dad came down and helped me replace the water heater and rip out the floor and trim (and haul it away). So by Friday night, I had a new water heater (working with natural gas was kind of scary) and the floor was ripped out:

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

That was a massive ordeal. You can't imagine how much it hurt to be tossing all that flooring into a dumpster, when I can still remember putting it all down! Ugh. Anyway, we bought the floor and trim on Friday night, then I woke up early on Saturday, and the floor was installed by 4:00. Then I had to replace some drywall and furring strips...they didn't get damaged by water, they were just old and I should have done it last time, but we're planning on putting tile on some walls, so flimsy drywall is not a good thing. Again, I woke up early on Sunday, spent much of the day installing trim, shoe-moulding, and doing various drywall repairs. I think we finally got to a point where we could move the furniture back in around 8:30, and sat down for dinner at 9.

There's still a bit of drywall patching, a threshold, some painting, and the wall tile to do, but the major items are done. Whew, what a weekend! I'm beat down, feel like I've been run over by a truck...but I have a floor again! And I ordered a few leak sensors to put on the floor, too. :shark:

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

fbm1.jpg

Man that sucks...all that hard work gone :(

Congrats though an the upcoming little one :D

The room looks good...laminate flooring rocks :rockin:

Glad it all worked out.....But, what does this have to do with Commie A$$ Fuqing Goats? :D

(I thought this thread was a homage to one of my favorite Dr. Strangelove characters, Bat Guano.)

batguano2.jpg

"I think you're some kind of deviated prevert. I think general Ripper found out about your prevertion, and you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts."

Gotta watch them Commie Deviate A$$ Fuqing Preverts.

Glad it all worked out.....But, what does this have to do with Commie A$$ Fuqing Goats? :D

When my starter boiled over twice on Wednesday, I posted a thread called 'F*ck me in the goat-ass' at hbc. It was a quote from an old Adam Sandler bit from his first (and only good) CD, where he was a goat, and was tied up, and the kids would come around and beat him, and the best line was when he was gettig whipped, and he screams "AGH! F*CK ME IN THE GOAT-ASS! :D

When my starter boiled over twice on Wednesday, I posted a thread called 'F*ck me in the goat-ass' at hbc. It was a quote from an old Adam Sandler bit from his first (and only good) CD, where he was a goat, and was tied up, and the kids would come around and beat him, and the best line was when he was gettig whipped, and he screams "AGH! F*CK ME IN THE GOAT-ASS! :D

Hey goat, go for a pass.

What, with the football? Ouch! **** me in the goat ass! That thing is pointy there, fellas!

And it was the old man with the hickory stick that would beat him ;)

Looks really good, Evan. God I hate drywall. For me, the eighth circle of hell involves taping and sanding.

You and me both. Not to mention soldering. Hey, guess what, you can use this here cpvc, which goes together with some glue, or you can use this copper, which is much more expensive, and you have to solder the f*ckers together...you choose! AGH! Bastards. But yes, my hatred for drywall finishing burns like the fire of a thousand suns.

Back