Think I Over Primed because...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KushroomMoon

Reaction score
I've lost half of my brew on the floor! Thankfully I have put down tiles in the area where it was and I've also put down puppy-pee pads just encase anything went awry.

I woke up this morning two days post putting the beer and primer into the keg and lost about 5L on the floor and found the red cap on the tap blown and it was sprayed up the back wall so I know the tap-depressurising was the issue.

I've let off some of the CO2 and I've relubed all the seals and tightened everything back up.

I'll just have to take this as it is, my first run in over a decade so I knew it wouldn't be perfect but wasn't expecting this 🤣

Any tips for keeping it pressurised but not blow out worthy?

Sorry about your mishap, and losing all that beer. :(
But be glad it's a fairly easy cleanup.

Is this a corny keg?
Where's the tap (faucet) located? Directly on top of the keg? Or connected with tubing?

Generally if priming a keg with sugar, you would not have it hooked up to anything. Maybe a spunding valve. Why is it hooked up to a tap?

Back