In Secondary: My Apricot IPA Q/A

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5gBrewer

Reaction score
I have this Apricot IPA in secondary for 3 weeks now. The recipe is an Extract with Specialty Grains that I tweaked up a bit. After 2 weeks in Primary, the beer was moved on top of 2-3 pounds of fresh, depitted, and pasturized apricots.

The beer has been with the apricots for 3 solid weeks, and the airlock is still bubbling. I opened up the secondary today to take a look, and things looked clear, and smelled great. There were some apricots floating at the top.

All-in-all I can't wait to try this beer when it's done, but what I'd like to know:

How much longer should I expect to leave this IPA with the apricots?

I also just racked another IPA (fermented from the above's yeast cake) on top of 3 pounds of fresh, depitted, and pasturized apricots. This secondary is already bubbling away! Day one! This beer was also smelling/looking fantastic.

5gB

I would give it a taste, it'll be green as heck, but you should get an idea of the apricot flavor. Good luck with it.

John

Latest posts

Back