In keg Storing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DieterVonBrauhaus

Reaction score
I just brewed a Belguim Tripel on April 14th. I will be heading to Germany for 6 to 8 months (Dass Land of Bier)
Do you think I can store the beer in a keg with Co2 on the line or off for that lenght of time?

Should be fine but sometimes beers will develop issues while in the keg. If you keep it cold the entire time it would have a much better chance of being good. It might work out great and be the best Belgian youve ever made, or it might develop something not quite right.

You'll be fine, you'll just lose some of the hop flavor/aroma after that long. I have a tripel kegged that's been in there for at least 16 months now... a friend had a glass two weeks ago and was raving about how much he liked it.

I have bottles over almost 2 years old and taste fine. They are definitely smoother but loose some flavor. However, a Belgium Triple should be perfectly aged and smooooth! I haven't had the chance to age that long in a keg yet.

Back