In Dallas for MLK day, what to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRoyLenz

Reaction score
I'm flying out to Dallas for work this week, but I have the day off for MLK day. I'll have a rental car in a strange city, with nothing to do, does anybody have any suggestions?

I looked at BeerMapping.com, and it looks like there is not a whole lot to offer as far as breweries and such. I'd like to tour a nice brewery while there, maybe check out a nice beer bar or brewpub, try some new beers. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks guys!

:mug:

Not much in the way of breweries around here. There's Uncle Buck's brewpub by the Grapevine Mills Mall. There's the Covey in Fort Worth. Both are decent. As far as I know, there isn't a brewpub in Dallas proper. Of course there is the chain-like places: Humperdinks and BJ's Brewery.

There's Rahr and Sons over in Fort Worth. No idea when they do tours though. There's also a Flying Saucer in downtown Cowtown, excellent selection of beers on tap and in the bottles.

I ended up doing the Book Depository, the Bodies Exhibit, and then drove in to Plano to check in to my hotel and then went to BJ's Restaurant and Brewery. The BJ's Jeremiah Red was very good, but the Tatonka Stout was unimpressive, at least for an Imperial Stout.

I am also in Tx - Fort Worth... The Flying Saucer is around the corner from my hotel. Had some excellent beers last night (on the company of course).

Latest posts

Back