Imperialyeast - L17 Harvest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsnbeer

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried this yeast strain from Imperial Yeast (L17-Harvest)?

I am getting ready to brew a Munich Dunkel and was debating using this strain.

:mug:

Yep ive used it its the augustiner strain (wyeast 2352, maybe wlp860). Its fine, cleanish strain with a hint of a floral nose that fades with conditioning, well behaved not throwing excessive diacetyl and flocs out reliably. Overall, I prefer 833 and 835 slightly, and the taste profile of the 2308/838 strain when it works right (though that strain is fussy) but it is a good strain and easy to use, and ive made excellent dunkels with it. Its the only munich style strain that imperial currently carries, so i have used it a handful of times cause its by far the freshest munich strain at my lhbs and probably will again.

Thanks for the reply! I ended up pitching this yeast, mostly because I have never used Imperial Yeast and was intrigued by their can design (sounded like a gunshot when I opened it).

My Dunkel is in primary at 52 F right now and my fermentation chamber smells hydrogen sulfide :ban:

57% Munich (Best Malz)
23% Pils (Best Malz)
15% Dark Munich (Best Malz)
1% Carafa III (added at lautering)

Single decoction, pitched L17 @ 48 F

Back