Imperial A20 for pale ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboyfan

Reaction score
I'm brewing a Gose which has imperial a20 for primary yeast after a couple days with good belly’s, I’ve been thinking more after reading imperial description on a20 that this might be great in a Citra Pale Ale. Question is would this sour the pale ale or just help give it for citrus flavor?

Are you considering using the sour cake, lacto and all for, the pale ale? If so, wouldn't sour - L. plantarum is reportedly very hop intolerant, but the yeast might be all stressed out after a low pH workout. Something to consider.

No I was planning on using A15 for the pale ale but was curious if the citrus would give it more flavor or if it’s mainly for sours

No, it is not just for sours! Pales, IPAs, Saisons, whatever you want to see big fruity esters in. If I'm connecting the dots correctly, I believe this behaves like WLP 644, Sacch Trois. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Latest posts

Back