I'm Thinking... 09/09/09 Barleywine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is boxed up and ready to ship out tomorrow. Hopefully that means everyone will get their package this week and it won't sit on a truck this coming weekend. Here's the final list:

2x 999 barleywines
1 Bramling Cross Special Bitter
1 His Royal Grace's Excellent and Nutty Brown Ale
1 Wild Yeast Golden Ale (fermented with wild caught yeast)
1 Verfluchte Gute Hefeweizen
1 Hobgoblin Clone (popular beer for comparison between breweries)
1 British Special Dark

Hope my recipients enjoy!

Edit: Oh yeah, tomorrow's high is only 62 here, perfect timing!

It's the middle of May and consistently hot weather is only a few weeks away for most of the country. I'd really hate to see someone's beer get spoiled en route because it sat on a UPS truck in 96 degree heat over the weekend.

A lot of beer has been shipped. A lot has been consumed. There are a lot of Barlyewine's now resting comfortably in their new homes.

For anyone who has not at least communicated to their recipients, you're over due. Please don't leave folks hanging, wondering whether you're good for your delivery or not. :mug:

Here is were I'm at. I had planned on using the ghetto bottler filler technique that has been widely used by others. It sounded like a good idea, until I got my results back from the GABF Pro-am qualifier in Western Mass.
My score sheets came back indicating some oxidation in my beer. since I keg my beers, I'm quite certain the weak link is my bottle filling process. I'd hate for someone to salivate over a beer for months only to have it taste like the cardboard it was shipped in.
An old friend gave me a filler. I just need to come up with the tubing and clamps. Once that is done, I'll be in business. Thanks for your patience.

Cap on foam with O2 absorbing caps. The process from the BMBF isn't really all that different from a "regular" counter pressure filler.

Hope the CP filler works better for you. :(

Just a heads up to anyone that still needs to ship to the NW (Portland, Seattle, etc), We are expecting by our standards a mini little heat wave starting this Friday. By that I mean temps in the mid to upper 80's if not creeping into the 90's. Local news is saying this, weather.com says low 80's upper 70's...either way just thought I'd pass that along.

The weather in Tennessee is going to be perfect for the next week or so, temps in the mid to upper 70's. This won't last, hint, hint.:D

All three packages are boxed and ready to ship. They are going to UPS today, Ill PM tracking numbers tonight or tomorrow.

DSC01917.JPG

The weather in Tennessee is going to be perfect for the next week or so, temps in the mid to upper 70's. This won't last, hint, hint.:D

Yours is on the truck to be delivered as I type! How's that for timing? ;)

Edit: Sumo's has been delivered.

Double ninja edit: wildwest450 delivered!

I'd like to note that while I have not shipped yet, I had planned on shipping my boxes with those lovely little frozen gelpacks that everything frozen comes into our restaurant with, so that should help retard the heat as well. Sorry I haven't gotten your beers to you yet, but I promise it'll be worth the delay!

Yours is on the truck to be delivered as I type! How's that for timing? ;)

Damn good!
DSCN2047.jpg

Oooh Pliny! I've never had it! I'm so excited I could pee myself.

You rule jmulligan. I would so kiss you right now (even if you weren't a chick).
Excitedly running around the house waving arms in the air like a three year old.:ban: :mug:

Ok, I'm guilty this swap. I will get mine out soon, I promise. I have to say, they are more DIPA in character than BW, so drink em up if you want.
I'll toss in something good for your patience.

KD

Bottling today, pick out my extras, grab freezer packs from work, and ship early this week. Definative plan. Now to plot out my packing method. They keep getting better every time.

All of my packages have been confirmed delivered. And I have received packages from everyone assigned. Thats 6 packages that have found their home. :D

Craig

I am waiting from two as well, I have heard from each of them at least once, but if I don't hear from them by the end of the month I may be sending a a little PM nudge in their direction ;)

FSR402 said:
I'm still waiting on two, they know who they are and they have been in contact about it so no worries.

Deathbrewer said:
I am waiting from two as well, I have heard from each of them at least once, but if I don't hear from them by the end of the month I may be sending a a little PM nudge in their direction.

Ditto on both counts. Mine are all out, but I have received only one. They know who they are.......

They know who they are.......

Yep, and one of them just got yours out. Finally, I got the magic convergence of a good day do get over to FedEx, a Monday, and a break from the 95-ish degree heat wave that lasted two weeks or so.

Sorry about the delay, folks, but all of you should have your packages by the end of the week.

TL

My three packages went out yesterday. 2 to arrive tomorrow and the other wont get there till next Tuesday. I hope you guys enjoy it.

:mug:

Bottled up.

One step at a time. Will box and ship later this week.

2-BW's
1-Helles
1-Haus APA (aka Kona)
1-Tits Up IIPA
1-Captain Hooked on Bitters (1st place Special Bitters)

p1040043.jpg

All except the BW's can be enjoyed immediately (after a good 48 hour chill).

I see a box of Aluminum bottle Bud Lights (not judging or anything....)
but you may have wanted to crop that a little better.;)

Bump.

• We're approaching 90 days from D-Day.
  • If you haven't shipped, you are definitely late.
  • UPS trucks are going to be running in 100 degree weather soon.
  • The integrity of swaps relies on the integrity of those who committed.
  • Don't put the integrity of HBT and yourself at risk.
  • Get on it.

In another week or so I will solicit names of people who have not shipped.

Bump.

• Get on it.

Packaged up my boxes today. I will ship out on Monday so nothing sits over the weekend. I'd like to blame my delay in shipping on the fire but that's only a minor part of it. I'm an extremely bad procrastinator at times and most of the delay is my laziness.
BTW Biermuncher and the other two on my list will be getting Homebrews of
a Czech Pils, two Helles beers exact same recipe except for german base grain in one and Canadian 2 row in the other. That turned out quite interesting, you'll have to let me know what you think. The H.C. is the canadian and H.G. is the german. Also sending a Wyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale besides the two 09-09-09.

Biermuncher this was a great idea, I hope to be brewing again in time for the 10-10-10.

Warrior

Bump.

• Get on it.

Just shipped today, good low temps here in Pa right now. I'll PM everyone and give them tracking numbers. Cost of shipping was high $40 ouch! Still a great idea though a good way to sample different homebrews and share the 09-09-09 on that day.

Latest posts

Back