I'm Thinking... 09/09/09 Barleywine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just incase its not obvious, I would like feed back on all the beers. Good, Bad or other. I think most people participating would appreciate the same.

Craig

Oh I agree, same here. I plan to get the BJCP guidelines and sit down with each one and really try to review (I'm a novice at this).

And just incase its not obvious, I would like feed back on all the beers. Good, Bad or other. I think most people participating would appreciate the same.

I always try to provide constructive feedback and I use the BJCP form to review the beer to make sure I record all my impressions. Nice to help others improve their beer, and the feedback I get is always useful and welcomed..

So I'm trying to decide which beers I should send in addition to the 999. Unfortunately, almost everything I have ready seems to be on the dark and malty side of the scale. If any of my recipients would care to look at my available brews in my sig and let me know if there's anything you'd really like let me know. The Lakewalk and Evil Twin could be ready in a week or two if you wanted those. Otherwise I'll probably ship early next week. The verfluchte gute heeweizen is an option if you don't want all dark malty beers, but it is getting on in life and losing some of the bavarian weizen character it had when young. It's still yummy though! Let me know!

EDIT: By the way, I'll also be including a bottle of my wild fermented Belgian Golden in each package. I'm interested in hearing reviews on that one!

Packaging tonight and shipping tomorrow. Bottled last night. Sixty bottles with a 8 3/4 month pregnant bottling assistant was interesting. :(

Alright, folks. Most of the beers are bottled, and the rest should be done, today. I hope to get them all packed up, today, as well. However, I might wait until Monday to send them off, so that they won't spend a weekend in a warehouse. If any of my recipients object to that, just let me know.

TL

Alright, folks. Most of the beers are bottled, and the rest should be done, today. I hope to get them all packed up, today, as well. However, I might wait until Monday to send them off, so that they won't spend a weekend in a warehouse. If any of my recipients object to that, just let me know.

TL

No prob, Tex. I will be lookin' forward to getting those next week! :rockin:

Packaged, Shipped and Tracking Numbers PM'd to recipients.

Enjoy those "yeast samples for evaluation" everyone. :D

Are we doing the individual threads for reviews of beer sent or are we posting the reviews here? I'm pretty sure everyone received 5 distinct styles in my packages. Packaging was rushed so that these could get out in time for delivery this week. :(

Are we doing the individual threads for reviews of beer sent or are we posting the reviews here? I'm pretty sure everyone received 5 distinct styles in my packages.

I feel like the Barleywine should have it's own thread, but as far as the extras are concerned I personally feel like just a PM will suffice, or if the brewer has a recipe thread for the beer that would be an appropriate place for it as well.

In past swaps, haven't there been threads in the swap forum entitled something like "MMB's Beers from the 999 swap" or something, usually started by the sender which includes any pertinent information about the sent beer, then the recipients put there reviews in there? That would be my preference. Keeps everything organized and it's fun to read reviews of other people's stuff as well as my own. For instance, if someone sends me and two other people the same beer, I'd like to see the other two people's reviews after making mine, to see how they compare.

MNBugeater...looks like your package arrived yesterday but was left at the front door. Please tell me it was there when you got home!!?!?

Warrior...yours is out for delivery and should arrive today.

Beerrific,

Your box just arrived. Great timing, I just dropped the chiller into my Wheat beer downstairs when the doorbell rang.

2 Barleywines
2 Dude's LakeWalk's
1 Berliner Weiss
1 Weizenbock

p1040071.jpg

The BW's will go into the brewshop to age for a few months at 67 degrees. The rest are going to the fridge and I doubt any will survive past the weekend.

Can you say sour bugs? :ban::ban:

p1040072.jpg

Alright, according to UPS all three have been delivered to the front door.

I already got confirmation from Nealf that he received his.

Received mine too! That's about the only think that went well today! :) I chilled the green chili beer and had it with dinner (fajitas). It was actually really good, kind of surprised me. The green chili flavor was subtle but pronounced, and blended really well with the beer. Crystal clear golden color, poured with no head. High carbonation had bubbles racing up from all over. No hop aroma or flavor, instead, the aroma is subtle malty sweetness over a faint green chili essence. Taste was smooth and slightly sweet, with good malt flavor. Green chili came through nicely but with no spiciness. Went really well with the fajitas!

EDIT: By the way, I had my fiance try it without telling her what it was and her response was, "it tastes like tacos". lol

Alright, according to UPS all three have been delivered to the front door.

I already got confirmation from Nealf that he received his.

Got mine too. Thanks!

Yours should be there tomorrow. Interesting, 3 days from NM to here, but 4 days from here to NM.

Beerrific,

Your box just arrived. Great timing, I just dropped the chiller into my Wheat beer downstairs when the doorbell rang.

2 Barleywines
2 Dude's LakeWalk's
1 Berliner Weiss
1 Weizenbock

p1040071.jpg

The BW's will go into the brewshop to age for a few months at 67 degrees. The rest are going to the fridge and I doubt any will survive past the weekend.

Can you say sour bugs? :ban::ban:

I am glad the berliner weisse made it, I was a bit worried. It is very well carbonated. I noticed that it had some sediment when I bottled it. I have been drinking on it for the past few weeks, so it is ready. If you age it for 2 months, be careful when you open it. It has had a long time to finish off the sugars, but I would hate for it to explode in your face.

I am glad the berliner weisse made it, I was a bit worried. It is very well carbonated. I noticed that it had some sediment when I bottled it. I have been drinking on it for the past few weeks, so it is ready. If you age it for 2 months, be careful when you open it. It has had a long time to finish off the sugars, but I would hate for it to explode in your face.

No way I had a chance to age it any longer than this afternoon.

This beer is excellent. Bright. Crisp. Only slightly sour so it takes on almost a lemon like tone. Effervesces like crazy. Light on the palette. Very good. Very refreshing. Only thing missing is the recipe. :D

p1040076x.jpg

p1040077s.jpg

Camera doesn't capture it, but the bubbles are dancing like champagne.

No way I had a chance to age it any longer than this afternoon.

This beer is excellent. Bright. Crisp. Only slightly sour so it takes on almost a lemon like tone. Effervesces like crazy. Light on the palette. Very good. Very refreshing. Only thing missing is the recipe. :D

Camera doesn't capture it, but the bubbles are dancing like champagne.

Oh, when you said you were again the "BWs" I though you meant berliner weisse. :drunk:

Glad you enjoyed.

Good news for my recipients. Two of the beers I sent just placed in the NHC 2009 Great Lakes region. :ban:

Great Lakes Region
Cat 9 - 3rd place - 9D (Irish Red)
Cat 14 - 2nd place - 14B (Simcoe & Amarillo IPA)

Good news for my recipients. Two of the beers I sent just placed in the NHC 2009 Great Lakes region. :ban:

Great Lakes Region
Cat 9 - 3rd place - 9D (Irish Red)
Cat 14 - 2nd place - 14B (Simcoe & Amarillo IPA)

Yeah.......see....here's the prob.....

You go and post about some award winning batches you've brewed and some poor sap....let's say....ME...for instance....goes to check your recipe drop down for the recipes and of course.....NADA.

See....that ain't the way the game is played here on HBT. I mean...where's the love?

:D :D :D

Okay...mandatory smileys out of the way...now get posting those recipes baby. :rockin:

Yeah.......see....here's the prob.....

You go and post about some award winning batches you've brewed and some poor sap....let's say....ME...for instance....goes to check your recipe drop down for the recipes and of course.....NADA.

See....that ain't the way the game is played here on HBT. I mean...where's the love?

:D :D :D

Okay...mandatory smileys out of the way...now get posting those recipes baby. :rockin:

Twist my arm, lmao..... IPA recipe posted.

No pics, but I got mine too, Beerific. HWMO had immediate instructions to put everything but the BWs in the fridge. :mug:

Another competition, another ribbon. My recipients will be recieving a 3rd medal winning beer in the swap. My Amarillo Summit IPA took a 3rd place today in the Homebrew at the W.E.B. comp. Cat. 14 - 14B....... :rockin:

Need to inform my senders that the week of May 18th - 22nd I'll be away from home at the hospital so if you are shipping to me please make sure the beer arrives before the 18th or after the 22nd. I may be home before the 22nd but I wouldn't want you beer sitting on my porch in the heat if I'm not able to get home before then.

Thanks

matt

Back