Im starting to get my stuff together! Did 10 gallons!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsbrew

Reaction score
Im pretty pumped about this! I have been waiting on getting my equipment together for a while now to brew a recipe taken here off of Homebrewtalk.com! I brewed up 5 gallons of the Quafable Irish Red partial grain / extract. It is still in my primary 2 weeks after my brew and will be transfrering it over to my secondary this week. I am hoping to start getting my keg system set up now and would like to keg it. I just dont have enough bottles to bottle 10 gallons. or I might just go buy a few cases of 22 oz bottles next week.

My other batch is about as simple as you can getbut it is a very tasty recipe! It is very simple! I started with Amber extract (bries because I feel that has given me the best beer yet!) and started at 60 m in of Chzec Saaz. at 15 min I threw in 1 oz. of Amarillo and at 2 min. threw in a half oz. Last time I brewed this (my first batch) I used Cascades but decided I wanted to change it up and experiment with my hops. Last time it came out great and I am excited to try this in a few weeks. The first batch it just sat in bucket for 2 weeks and I bottled strait from there. I put it in my secondary this past Tuesday and will be bottling next week.

Here is where my problem is. I taste a few bottles after a week just to make sure its priming right. Well it turns out so good I stasrt tearing up my batch and finish it before it has time to condition! Well see if I have self control this time HAHAHAHAHAHA! I doubt it!

Give me some feed back and tell me what you think!

I am about where you are. I am just finishing a keggle and will be able to do 10 gal batches. I just got 4 corney kegs and I am looking forward to being able to keg.

I have trouble with the patience thing myself. I did manage to save a few bottles of my stout for a few months and WOW! What a difference. It was always good but it is now excellent!

Back